Heo "JangBi" Yeong Moo is a StarCraft progamer from South Korea who played Protoss for Samsung KHAN.
First appearing on Samsung KHAN's lineup in early 2007, JangBi quickly became the star player of the team, with more ace match and finals appearances than anyone else on his team during the 2008-2009 season. Known for having arguably the best PvT in Korea, Jangbi holds the Elo peak for the Protoss vs Terran match-up and is generally considered a favorite against any Terran he faces. JangBi has long been in the shadow of his teammate Stork, who was seen as the star player of KHAN for a long time until the slump he suffered following his Incruit OSL victory. Some joke that JangBi still is in Stork's shadow; Stork was long known for always finishing 2nd in tournaments, and JangBi had earned 3 silver medals in the span of 1 season. In televised matches between the two, however, Jangbi is undefeated with five victories. Following his second consecutive MSL silver medal in the 2009 Lost Saga MSL, JangBi appeared to lose his previous good form and fell into a slump.
In round 1 of the 09-10 Proleague, JangBi performed poorly, finishing with stats of 1 win and 5 losses, including one ace match defeat to EffOrt. Despite his poor proleague performance, he qualified for the round of 32 in the 2009 Nate MSL which he passed 2-0 with victories over Firefist and Ruby for a spot in the round of 16. He was set to play Stats in his round of 16 match-up. For this encounter JangBi thumbed-down Ultimatum. Despite winning the opening game of the series with his Proxy DTs beating Stat's DT rush, Jangbi's eventually fell short against Stats' solid style. He dropped two games in a row and was knocked out 1-2.
Since Mid 2010, JangBi had been playing poorly and dropped out of MSL and OSL play. In Mid 2011, there has been a resurgence: In Proleague, he started R6 with a 6-game winstreak, including a win over the PvP specialist Horang2. After that, he lost four games in a row, including three unfortunate losses in the playoffs against Woongjin Stars.
Jin Air OSL:
JangBi's path in the OSL was shaky: Already in the offline preliminaries, he was eliminated 0-2 by SKT T1's n.Die_soO in the finals of his group. However, due to Hogil's retirement, a wildcard tournament was held between the runner-ups of the 12 groups. JangBi took it by defeating Zero, Leta, Classic, and Sharp in turn. JangBi then managed to qualify for the group stage by defeating s2 and Shuttle in his ODT group.
After two losses and one win in the group stages, he was facing elimination again. However, he managed to defeat Calm and Baby in the tiebreakers and was paired against Flash in the quarterfinals. Losing the first set to Flash, JangBi came back strong in sets 2 and 3 and eliminated the "Ultimate Weapon". His opponent in the semifinal was none other than Soo, who had defeated him in the preliminaries. JangBi showed excellent preparation and swept the series for a 3-0 victory.
In the finals he faced the defending champion Fantasy who had soundly defeated his teammate Stork in the last OSL. The two players traded blows and after 4 sets the score was at 2-2. In the last set on Pathfinder, Jangbi opened with a 12 Nexus. Fantasy countered by employing his trademark Dropship play and taking advantage of the space behind JangBi's expansion to both harass the Probe line and to ferry troops into the main. JangBi, who lost to a similar tactic in the first set, opted for early Stargates, barely held on while patiently collecting Carriers. However, he lost a fair number of Probes and fell behind as much as 30 supply.
Once Observers were out, JangBi counter-attacked in desperation, pushing back Fantasy's reinforcing Goliaths with his combination of ground army and Carriers. Pinned in his base, Fantasy could not prevent significant losses. This allowed JangBi to isolate and sweep the fortifications behind his natural. Eventually he claimed a third base and managed to destroy Fantasy's third twice. Fantasy's last effort was a fleet of cloaked wraiths. Due to a large number of Observers, JangBi defeated them easily, ending the series and taking the championship.
Post KESPA era
In the 9th SonicTV Starleague, he advanced out of his group in the Round of 32 group stage as he beat Cola and Lazy. He was not able to advance much further as he lost 1-2 to Larva and 0-1 to PianO to get knocked out.
The left side of the table below shows JangBi's overall record as of May 8, 2012, while the right side shows his statistics during the Era of the Six Dragons from September 1, 2008 to March 31, 2009:
|Overall Statistics||Six Dragons Era|
- The name 'JangBi' is a Korean pronunciation of 'Zhang Fei', a military general of Shu Han in Three Kingdoms era of China.
- JangBi has been in 5 finals. He lost 3 of them 1-3 (twice to Bisu and once to Luxury) and won 2 of them 3-2 and 3-1 (vs. Fantasy).
- JangBi lost 2 consecutive MSL Finals (the ClubDay MSL and the Lost Saga MSL). He later won two consecutive OSL finals, Jin Air OSL and tving OSL.
- JangBi lost to Bisu in a final twice within 3 months: the ClubDay MSL and the GOMTV Classic season 2. He beat Fantasy in his two OSL finals.
- JangBi has his personal highest ELO peak, and the highest peak of all Protoss, in PvT with a score of 2260.
- JangBi's nickname is "Almighty".
- He is known for his excellent Psi Storms.
- it is joked that he looks like Korean singer Moon Hee-joon 
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2012-08-04||1st||2012 Tving OSL||3 : 1||Fantasy||$32,200|
|2011-11-17||1st||2011 Jin Air OSL||3 : 2||Fantasy||$32,200|
|2009-03-20||2nd||Lost Saga MSL||1 : 3||Luxury||$16,100|
|2009-02-08||2nd||GOMTV Averatec-Intel Classic Season 2||1 : 3||Bisu||$10,859|
|2008-11-22||2nd||2008 Club Day Online MSL||1 : 3||Bisu||$16,100|
|2008-02-26||3 - 4th||2008 GOMTV MSL Season 4||2 : 3||Kal||$4,025|
|In Major Tournaments|
|2008-10-12||3rd||2008 Blizzcon Invitational||1 : 2||NaDa||$5,000|
|2007-08-12||2nd||2007 Seoul e-Sports Festival||1 : 2||Jaedong||$8,772|
| 2010 Bacchus OSL
| 2011 Jin Air OSL
17th September 2011-31st March 2011
| 2012 Tving OSL|
| 2011 Jin Air OSL
| 2012 Tving OSL
31st March 2011-Present
| 2012 Auction All Kill OSL (SC2)|
- vs Flash, Blue Storm, 2008 Shinhan Bank Proleague - long, high level game that ended in a draw!
- vs Flash, Blue Storm, 2008 Shinhan Bank Proleague - the regame of above mentioned draw
- vs Nada, Othello, 2008 Shinhan Bank Proleague - Jangbi takes down Nada with psionic storms that are close to legendary.
- vs Fantasy, Pathfinder, Finals, Jin Air OSL - the deciding game of the finals.
- vs. Zero, Aztec, Shinhan 10-11 Proleague - The start of Jangbi's return to form that set him on the road for his Jin Air OSL win.
- vs. Soo, New Bloody Ridge, Semifinals, 2011 Jin Air OSL - A good PvZ with lots of Jangbi's signature storms.
- vs. Zero, New Sniper Ridge, Semifinals, 2012 tving OSL - an incredible comeback with exceptional micro and execution.
- Quick catch-up with JangBi - A quick catch-up with JangBi after he advanced to the Round of 16 of the 10th SonicTV Starleague
- Short interview with JangBi - A short interview with JangBi after picking up his first win in the Round of 16 of SSL10
- "I should've won all three games" - Interview with JangBi after finishing his SSL 10 Ro16 group 2-1
- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/476771-ssl-ro16-interviews-day-5 JangBi Interview after his 3rd game in the SSL 10 Round of 16