The Electronic Sports World Cup (ESWC) Masters was hosted in Cheonan's Yu Gwanun Gynansium and the Cheonan Sports Complex in early March 2009 during the 2009 Cheonan International e-Sports Culture Festival Media-Day. The event featured the games StarCraft Brood War, Counter Strike 1.6 and Warcraft III. It was the first time that ESWC Masters event featured Brood War.
Four players competed in the main event. Tossgirl was given a direct invite and therefore filled the slot for Korea. The other three players could win an entry in regional tournaments for either Europe and Russia, China and Asian Pacific or South and North America.
Every region had their own qualifiers, for which 14 players were invited directly. The other two slots were filled with players qualifying through two additional satellite events. These open satellite tournaments were hosted on ICCup and organized by Artosis.
- Players in Italic qualified in one of the satellites
- Idra vs. White-Ra Round 1: Game 1 - Game 2 - Game 3
- ToSsGirL vs. Super Round 1: WFBrood
- Idra vs. Super LB Round 1: VODs on Mogulus
- Mondragon forfeited before the qualifier and was replaced by Pomi