Camelot is a 2-player map using the Space Platform tileset. It was unveiled on April 3, 2017 as one of the new maps for the Afreeca Starleague Season 3. It is generally considered to be Terran favored; Iris conducted an in-depth analysis of the map, and suspects it was "ASL’s response to the dearth of Terrans in the tournament."
The map was created by LatiAs, author of Demian.
- Rampless choke - The main is on the same level as the natural, and the choke is larger than a ramp would be. This can make early game harassment more effective.
- Open center, allowing for flanking maneuvers.
- Rush distance: 31 sec (main entrance ↔ entrance)
v1.4 - v1.5
- Removed the additional 500 mineral patch from the mains and added one to the nats instead.
- Small change to the cliff behind the natural minerals, probably to reduce turret and vision space and make muta harassment a little bit easier.
- Removed the ramps from the close high ground third to the middle and widened the ramp to the medium ground instead (this is the most significant change!), also made the medium ground area directly in front of the ramp unbuildable.
- Also widened the ramps to the corner expansions
- Two unbuildable strips of tiles were added on the top and bottom of the chokes making them harder to wall off (rax, 2 depot required)
- Complete overhaul of all resources (this was required because the other changes probably introduced new mining bugs)
v1.5 - v1.6
- Entrances of 1 and 7 o'clock expansions tweaked. Ramp expanded, and a neutral building has been added to make it easier to defend.
- Location and resource allocation of the center mineral expansion has been readjusted.
- Small hill terrain near the 3 and 9 o'clock expansions was removed.
- It is no longer possible to build buildings near the entrance to the large multi-faced minerals.
- Fixed a bug that allowed units to roll over behind multi-minerals at 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock.
- 6 and 12 o'clock - overhead search hill has been added to the exterior wall of the center with the multi-wall.
- The 6 o'clock base has been slightly modified for SimCity purposes.
- Low platform retrograde terrain has been tweaked to look less broken.
- Miscellaneous terrain, decorations, and some multi-resource placement have been fixed.