3 Hatch Zergling (vs. Protoss)
3 Hatch Zergling strategies are designed to throw the Protoss off balance by controlling the early game with larger than usual amounts of Zerglings.
There are a couple of variations to this build, with 1 hatchery and 2 hatcheries.
9 Pool Speed
* 9/9 - Spawning Pool * 8/9 - Drone * 9/9 - Extractor * 8/9 - Overlord * 8/17 - Drone * @100% Extractor - send 3 Drones to mine gas * @100% Spawning Pool - 6 Zerglings * @88 Gas - take Drones off of gas one by one, giving you 104 gas. Research Speed. * Pump lings, after first overlord get more lings.
* 9/9 - Overlord * 9/9 - Spawning Pool * 10/17 - Drone * 10/17 - Extractor * 10/17 - Drone, then stop Drone production and save up Larvae. * @100 Gas - take Drones off gas * @100% Spawning Pool - Research Zergling Speed * 10/17 - Six Zerglings * 13/17 - Six Zerglings
this is the slowest but the most effective
* 9 - Gas Trick * 10 - Hatchery * 9 - Pool * 8 - Drone * 9 - Overlord * mass lings * 18 - Overlord * mass lings
- Well placed Sim-City.
- 1 Gate Tech build orders that skimp on Zealots for faster tech.
- Protoss FE build orders that skimp on cannons.
- Poorly placed Sim-City.
- Lazy or ineffective scouting.
3 Hatch Zergling strategies are usually best on flat maps, or maps that have wide open naturals that the Protoss Sim-City will have difficulty blocking. Examples:
3 Hatch Zergling strategies are generally weak on maps that have easy to block naturals. Examples: