3 Gate Speedzeal (vs. Protoss)
This is a cheesy build in Protoss vs. Protoss, that is meant to end the game quickly by using large numbers of Zealots to overwhelm the opponent. Zealots do twice the damage of Dragoons (in direct confrontation against each other), and the speed upgrade allows you to flank and surround a group of Dragoons. Ideally, you would try to catch the Dragoons out of position, and try to hit your opponent right before his Reaver Tech kicks in. This build is only effective on some maps, and only works before your opponent gets either Reavers or Dark Templar. This build is a possible followup to DT since you already have the citadel for leg upgrade.
 Build Orders
 Basic Build
This is a followup strategy from many possible openings. Below a 10/12 gate opening is considered.
- 8 - Pylon
- 10 - Gateway -> Scout
- 12 - Gateway
- 13 - Zealot (block ramp to prevent scouting)
- 15 - Pylon
- 17 - 2 zealots
- 21 - Pylon
- 23 - 2 zealots
- 27 - Assimilator
- Cybernetics Core as soon as possible, while still producing Zealots and Probes.
- Pull probes off gas after you get 250 gas, which is enough for the citadel and the leg upgrade
- Cut Probes after Cybernetics Core, then build another Gateway after building a Citadel of Adun. Make sure you don't miss any Pylons.
- At 5:30 you have 11 Zealots.
- At ~6:00 you have 14 Zealots. +30 second usual travel distance makes a 6:30 attack. The attack should start when Leg Speed finishes.
This build is basically all in, as even with reduced economy, it may allow you to gain a significant advantage. If you aren't able to do significant damage, you are behind. Once the opponent has Reavers, if he has decent micro, he can kill all your zealots with just that unit. If the opponent gets DTs, you have no detection and you would have to do critical damage and immediately get up a Forge and Cannons.
In this style of gameplay, you're hoping to win with a cheesy one base timing attack. If you don't win when you decide to attack (ideally right when your legspeed finishes), then you've likely lost the game.
 Countered By
- reaver play on a ramped map. Simply hold ramp until you have 2reaver shuttle, then they will have many zealots vs. reaver which is not in their favor.
- Goon heavy builds (with good micro) such as 3gate goon.
- An opponent that defends vs zealots while getting quick dt.
 Counter To
- Any build that does not have enough units to defend such as relatively quick expansion build such as 1-2gate goon expo.
 Notable Maps
- Large Maps, especially 4 Player and with ramps.