2003 Stout MSL
Following the four KGPA Tours, this was the first official MSL, and it was interesting on many accounts.
ChoJJa was the only Zerg who managed to go deep in the tournament, despite very tough maps, proving his ZvT was nothing to laugh about.
BoxeR played some very inspired games and came the closest to defeating the eventual winner, proving that his TvP was formidable, but was eliminated 2-1 in the loser's bracket by NaDa.
Zeus had an impressive run going up to the winner's final, and even came one game away from advancing to the grand final.
NaDa, in the running for his fourth consecutive title, made an impressive run to the Loser's Bracket finals after being knocked out of the Upper Bracket in the first round. His run culminated in an intense series against Zeus where he came back from a two game deficit to advance to the Grand Finals.
But this MSL was above all the one that revealed Nal_rA. This was the first individual league he qualified for, and he won it in a very impressive fashion, dropping only one game to BoxeR in their Bo3. While he did not have to play PvZ, he completely dominated Zeus in PvP, and showcased a very strong macro oriented PvT. He also showed hints of the creativity that he would later be famed for, especially in his series against BoxeR and in the second game of his series against Zeus.
|Round of 16
|Round of 8
|Round of 4
- Nal_rA < Jim Raynor's Memory J > BoxeR - Game 1 of their series. A long and tense macro game which features heavy harassment, a great comeback, ghosts and end-game shield batteries.
- Nal_rA < Charity > Zeus - Winner's final game 2. A successful PvP rush only seen on island maps.
- BoxeR < Gauntlet 2003 > JinSu - Great display of creativity by the Emperor himself.
- Linkin Park - Papercut -
- Linkin Park - By myself -
- Shadow of Twilight - Zelda Metal Remix
- Seo Taiji - Daekyungsung