From Liquipedia Smash Wiki
DreamHack London 2015
> 19 Sep
< 20 Sep
Paragon Los Angeles 2015
> 5 Sep
< 6 Sep
ONGOINGEuropean Smash Circuit 2015
> 9 May
COMPLETEDPAX Prime 2015
> 28 Aug
< 30 Aug
> 22 Aug
< 23 Aug
> 15 Aug
< 16 Aug
Heir II the Throne
> 14 Aug
< 16 Aug
Super Smash Con
> 7 Aug
< 9 Aug
Low Tier City 3
> 1 Aug
< 2 Aug
> 17 Jul
< 19 Jul
> 10 Jul
< 11 Jul
Latest Smash News
- August 21, 2015 — DreamHack 2015 Smash events announced
- DreamHack announced that Melee will be featured at DreamHack London 2015 and DreamHack Winter 2015 with a total prizepool of $50,000. Armada, Ice and Professor Pro will compete in London and DreamHack will invite both top 2 from London and HTC Throwdown in Sweden.
- July 22, 2015 — Final Super Smash Con numbers announced
- Super Smash Con registration closed and organizers announced impressive numbers in a tweet. As for Melee, the event will be among the largest with 586 entrants in singles and 328 entrants in doubles (respective prizepools $15,860 and $3,280).
- July 1, 2015 — Final EVO 2015 numbers announced
- With EVO registration closed, Melee is the third-largest game at EVO 2015, with 1,869 entrants, making EVO 2015 the largest Melee tournament of all time by a margin of over 800.
- April 25, 2015 — European Smash Circuit 2015 announced
- SmashEurope announced the European Smash Circuit, a circuit of seven European tournaments. The circuit will feature a points-based ranking system based on performance in each tournament, and 15% of the prize pool from each tournament will go toward a final prize pool which will be paid out to the top 3 point-earners.
- March 10, 2015 — EVO 2015 breaks entrant record
- EVO organizer Mr. Wizard announced that EVO 2015 had broken the record for largest Melee tournament by number of registered entrants, surpassing Apex 2015's 1037 entrants.
- March 3, 2015 — Super Smash Con announced
- Super Smash Con, a convention for Super Smash Bros., was announced for August 6-9, 2015, featuring tournaments with over $30,000 in pot bonuses.
- February 24, 2015 — EVO 2015 already surpasses 1000 entrants
- According to an article written on EVO's parents website Shoryuken.com, both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Ultra Street Fighter IV have surpassed 1000 entrants in the 24 days registration has been opened.
- January 30, 2015 — Apex 2015 venue issues
- After the original venue for Apex 2015 was deemed unusable due to safety issues, the tournament was moved to the Garden State Convention Center in Somerset, New Jersey. The first day of the event was canceled as it relocated to the new venue.
- January 20, 2015 — Good news, bad news
- After Alex Strife retired from Apex direction, Mr Wizard finally announced that Melee will be featured at EVO 2015.
- January 12, 2015 — Apex 2015 reaches entrant cap, shatters previous record
- Apex has reached 1024 entrants, which now holds the record for biggest Melee tournament, taking the title from Evo 2014's 970 entrants.
- August 11, 2015
- New Power Rankings templates have been created. Template:PRstart, Template:PRplayer and Template:PRend are for instance used for UK and Montreal Power Rankings.
- July 23, 2015
- A Web Streams portal has been created. It is available in the main page menu and features a lot of streams from various places and personalites.
- June 4, 2015
- An All Tournaments page that automatically updates from the events pages has been added next to the Major Tournaments page.
- May 21, 2015
- New (red) VOD icons have been added to Template:BracketMatchDetails. Feel free to use
|vod2game9=for bracket resets, for instance.
- April 27, 2015
- New templates for teams Double Elimination Brackets: see for instance Template:4DE4SDoublesBracket, Template:16DEDoublesWBracketA and Template:16DEDoublesLBracketA.
- April 15, 2015
- New templates for 64-team Double Elimination Brackets: Template:64DEDoublesWBracketA and Template:64DEDoublesLBracketA have been added.
- April 14, 2015
- Thanks to Semantic Media Wiki and new Prizepool templates, a Major Tournaments page that automatically updates from the events pages has been added next to the Premier Tournaments page.
- April 9, 2015
- Brackets details have been improved. From now on, interrogation points are displayed instead of one stock when the number of stocks is actually unknown.
- March 7, 2015
- Doubles support is being improved. Template:DEFinalDoublesBracket has been added for instance.
- June 27, 2014
- June 19, 2014
- Liquipedia Smash officially goes live. Read more...