From Liquipedia Smash Wiki
DreamHack Austin 2016
> 6 May
< 8 May
Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo
> 29 Apr
< 1 May
Smash Summit 2
> 21 April
< 24 April
Fight Pitt VI
> 16 Apr
< 17 Apr
> 2 Apr
< 3 Apr
Battle of the Five Gods
> 17 Mar
< 19 Mar
European Smash Circuit 2015
> 9 May
< 21 Feb
> 19 Feb
< 21 Feb
> 29 Jan
< 31 Jan
> 15 Jan
< 17 Jan
> 19 Dec
< 20 Dec
Òssom Fights 2015
> 11 Dec
< 13 Dec
Latest Smash News
- February 27, 2016 — DreamHack announces 2016 Smash events
- DreamHack has added Melee to its Summer and Winter events. Along with Austin, these 3 events will have $50,000 in prize money up for grabs, with Austin and Summer having $10,000 and Winter having $30,000.
- January 23, 2016 — PAX Arena approaches
- PAX South in San Antonio, Texas will be hosting tournaments for Melee and Wii U, open to all PAX attendees and to specially invited top players, such as Mew2King, the winner of the previous PAX tournament at PAX Prime 2015 and 10 other top Melee players.
- January 8, 2016 — Genesis 3 entrants finalized
- Genesis 3 has closed with 1,834 entrants for Melee singles and 920 for Melee doubles, making it the second largest Melee tournament of all time after EVO 2015.
- December 10, 2015 — New tier list released
- After more than 2 years, the tier list has been updated. Notable changes include Yoshi moving from 18th to 12th, and Fox being given his own tier.
- August 21, 2015 — DreamHack 2015 Smash events announced
- DreamHack announced that Melee will be featured at DreamHack London 2015 and DreamHack Winter 2015 with a total prizepool of $50,000. Armada, Ice and Professor Pro will compete in London and DreamHack will invite both top 2 from London and HTC Throwdown in Sweden.
- July 22, 2015 — Final Super Smash Con numbers announced
- Super Smash Con registration closed and organizers announced impressive numbers in a tweet. As for Melee, the event will be among the largest with 586 entrants in singles and 328 entrants in doubles (respective prizepools $15,860 and $3,280).
- July 1, 2015 — Final EVO 2015 numbers announced
- With EVO registration closed, Melee is the third-largest game at EVO 2015, with 1,869 entrants, making EVO 2015 the largest Melee tournament of all time by a margin of over 800.
- April 25, 2015 — European Smash Circuit 2015 announced
- SmashEurope announced the European Smash Circuit, a circuit of seven European tournaments. The circuit will feature a points-based ranking system based on performance in each tournament, and 15% of the prize pool from each tournament will go toward a final prize pool which will be paid out to the top 3 point-earners.
- March 10, 2015 — EVO 2015 breaks entrant record
- EVO organizer Mr. Wizard announced that EVO 2015 had broken the record for largest Melee tournament by number of registered entrants, surpassing Apex 2015's 1037 entrants.
- March 3, 2015 — Super Smash Con announced
- Super Smash Con, a convention for Super Smash Bros., was announced for August 6-9, 2015, featuring tournaments with over $30,000 in pot bonuses.
- March 5, 2016
- Liquipedia Commons is officially launched. On the other Liquipedia wikis, uploading has been disabled, as all files will have to be uploaded to the Commons wiki. This centralized file resource will help us be more consistent for some images such as team logos or to share player photos across several wikis.
- September 29, 2015
- The wiki software has been upgraded, from MediaWiki 1.22.5 to 1.25.2.
- The skins had to be updated, but the visual result should be the same. One exception is that lock icons for HTTPS links are gone.
- Category pages can now be moved. It is not a category move though, just a move of the page for the category.
- The extension VideoFlash has been replaced by EmbedVideo for video embeds (mainly YouTube videos). This also means support for HTML5 videos has been dropped.
- August 11, 2015
- New Power Rankings templates have been created. Template:PRstart, Template:PRplayer and Template:PRend are for instance used for UK and Montreal Power Rankings.
- July 23, 2015
- A Web Streams portal has been created. It is available in the main page menu and features a lot of streams from various places and personalites.
- June 4, 2015
- An All Tournaments page that automatically updates from the events pages has been added next to the Major Tournaments page.
- May 21, 2015
- New (red) VOD icons have been added to Template:BracketMatchDetails. Feel free to use
|vod2game9=for bracket resets, for instance.
- April 27, 2015
- New templates for teams Double Elimination Brackets: see for instance Template:4DE4SDoublesBracket, Template:16DEDoublesWBracketA and Template:16DEDoublesLBracketA.
- April 15, 2015
- New templates for 64-team Double Elimination Brackets: Template:64DEDoublesWBracketA and Template:64DEDoublesLBracketA have been added.
- April 14, 2015
- Thanks to Semantic Media Wiki and new Prizepool templates, a Major Tournaments page that automatically updates from the events pages has been added next to the Premier Tournaments page.
- April 9, 2015
- Brackets details have been improved. From now on, interrogation points are displayed instead of one stock when the number of stocks is actually unknown.