Baxon is a professional Melee Falco player from France.
Baxon mained Falco from the day he started playing the game and does not have a specific Falco color, usually changing it between every set. His first steps in the French community were hesitant: he posted on JeuxVideo.com (France's and Europe's largest online forums) to know if someone played the game and met Makenshi, who lived near his place. Baxon played with him for an hour before he was able to take a stock from him. He also met some other members of the community, whom he considered as "snobby and aggressive", which almost led him to invest his time and energy in SoulCalibur 2 instead. Baxon started playing Melee competitively in 2007 and is known for his highly technical and patient Falco. His first tournament was FireFox Tournament 2, where he got out of pools — to this day, he says that the only tournament where he did not get out of pools was a tournament in the Netherlands, during which he hadn't had anything to eat or drink because he was observing Ramadan. During his first years as a player, he lived very close to Joanna Dark's apartment, and with Joanna Dark being the best Falco player in France at the time, he learnt a lot from him and always considered him a mentor. Seeing Joanna Dark play and Bombsoldier's combo video made him want to become a great player. Baxon's nickname comes from a tournament that he went to with his best friend, now known as Waxon; they didn't have a nickname and weren't allowed to use their first name to enter, so they typed random letters on a computer and ended up with "axon", to which they respectively added B and W to make it sound better.
Although he lived in Paris for most of his life, Baxon went to high school in Avignon, a city in the South of France. He came back to Paris at the age of 19, moving in with some Parisian Smashers. Baxon doesn't hide the fact that he is a weed smoker, calling one of his combo videos The PotFather; he served 6 months in jail in 2011 because another Smash player's parents denounced him to the authorities, marijuana possession being illegal in France. This meant that until recently, he was not allowed to enter the United States because of his criminal record. Baxon has indeed never been to a tournament outside of Europe. His mother was never supportive of his playing Smash, but ended up accepting it when he came back with a 400€ cash prize.
|Feb 17-19||17 - 24th||B.E.A.S.T 7||1 : 3||Amsah|
|Sep 10-11||7 - 8th||Syndicate 2016||1 : 3||Zgetto|
|Aug 19-21||17 - 24th||Heir 3||2 : 3||Däumling|
|Feb 20-21||13 - 16th||B.E.A.S.T 6||1 : 3||ESAM|
|Feb 14||5 - 6th||Kickstart 6||1 : 3||Overtriforce|
|Nov 26-28||25 - 32nd||DreamHack Winter 2015||1 : 3||Eagle|
|Nov 22||5 - 6th||Kickstart 4||1 : 3||Overtriforce||$21.27|
|Oct 3||9 - 12th||Avalon M||Adam|
|Sep 19-20||9 - 12th||DreamHack London 2015||0 : 3||Overtriforce|
|Aug 14-17||13 - 16th||Heir II the Throne||0 : 3||Mahie|
|May 9-10||9 - 12th||HFLAN Melee Edition||Cyr|
|Jan 9-11||17 - 24th||B.E.A.S.T 5||1 : 3||Däumling|
|May 17-18||17 - 24th||Republic of Fighters 3||Däumling|
|Feb 12-16||13 - 16th||B.E.A.S.T 4||Dev|
|Apr 3-7||5 - 6th||B.E.A.S.T 3||Ice|
|Jul 13-15||9 - 12th||Smashers' Reunion: Melee Grande||0 : 3||Adam||$16|
- 2013-09-24 | Portrait de Baxon by BSeeD
- 2013-09-24 | The PotFather by Baxon
- Tweet, Jan. 14 2017: "my falco doesn't have a specific color"
- Tweet, Jan. 19 2017: "85/ the first time I met makenshi (@Makenshissbm) it took me almost an hour to get 1 stock from him lol"
- Baxon talking about his (hesitant) first steps in the French Smash community (fr)
- Tweet, Jan. 14 2017: "I got out of pools at my first tournament ever"
- Interview by BSeeD (fr)
- Tweet, Jan. 14 2017: "bombsoldier's combo video made me realize how fast the game could be played."
- Tweet, Jan. 14 2017: "i randomly found my nickname by typing random lines on my computer"
- Tweet, Jan. 14 2017: "I used to live with smashers and I miss the time I could play everyday"
- Tweet, Jan. 14 2017: "I went to jail 6 months, for weed possession, because a French sheik player snitched on me :(("
- Tweet, Jan. 14 2017: "I couldn't go to USA because of my criminal record"
- SmashEurope Spring 2016 Melee Top 20 Ranking
- Tweet, Jan. 14 2017: "my mom hated smash until she saw me coming home with 400€"
- LeFrenchMelee 2016 Top 30 Ranking
- Tweet, Jan. 14 2017: "it may sounds cocky, but I'm always proud to say that I took games of mango/pp/westballz/zhu"