Alliance is an Swedish-centric multigaming pro team founded by Team Razer and Evil Geniuses owner and CEO Alex Garfield. Its original members were StarCraft II star NaNiwa and rising star DotA 2 team No Tidehunter (Loda, Akke, AdmiralBulldog, EGM and S4), which went on to win The International III for Alliance and take home a $1.4 million first prize.
- April 12 - Alliance is founded and announces the signings of NaNiwa (SC2) and No Tidehunter (DotA 2).
- August 11 - Alliance's DotA 2 squad wins The International III without losing a series, culminating in a 3-2 victory over Natus Vincere in the grand finals. The win nets the team a $1.4 million first prize.
On November 6th, 2014, Alliance announced on its website that they were entering the Smash arena by signing Armada, a Gothenburg native. Akke, a former three-time Swedish Nintendo champion who had played high level Smash before, tweeted a welcome on behalf of the DotA team and responded to a fan asking if he, Loda and AdmiralBulldog could beat Armada in a handicap match with "Probably not."
On October 5, 2016, Alliance announced that they signed Android, the brother of Armada, known for his especially strong performances in doubles. This signing makes Alliance the second major team to have a static doubles team signed, after Counter Logic Gaming.
|Android||Andreas Lindgren||2016-10-05||7 - 8th||7 - 8th|
- Team Razer Profile
- Alliance Akke Interview @ The International 3, two days after finals
- "Armada Joins Alliance". thealliance.gg. 2014-11-06. Retrieved 2014-11-06.
- Android joins Alliance
- @FollowAkke: "Happy to say I now play for the same organization as @ArmadaUGS, welcome to the family! May the turnips be with u :)" Twitter (Akke's official account)