2016-02-17 (Xbox One)
2016-09-08 (OS X and Linux)
Rocket League is a Sports-Action game developed by Psyonix. It is the sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (abbreviated SARP Battle-Cars or just SARPBC). It was released on July 7th 2015.
Rocket League was released on July 7th 2015 on Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 4. On February 17th 2016 it was released on Xbox One, and on September 8th 2016 it was released on OS X and Linux.
Rocket League features four game modes for online and offline play in private matches. They can all be applied different mutator settings.
Soccar is the standard gamemode in Rocket League. With team sizes from 1 to 4 players the goal is to score on the opposition using cars to hit a ball in to the opposing teams' goal. Each match lasts 5 minutes of playing time. The team with the most goals after the 5 minutes have expired wins, if teams are tied they will play a golden goal extra time. It is possible to play Soccar on all maps except for Dunk House. The mode was the only mode available with the original release.
Snow Day was the second game mode to be added to Rocket League. It is the same as the Soccar game mode except it is played with a Puck instead of a ball. It is only possible to play Snow Day on the DFH Stadium version Snowy and Utopia Coliseum version Snowy. The mode was added to online and offline private matches in Patch 1.11 on February 10th 2016. 
Hoops is similiar to Soccar except for the goals have been replaced by hoops. It is only possible to play Hoops on Dunk House. This mode was added to online and offline private matches in Patch 1.17 on April 25th 2016. 
Rumble is similiar to Soccar except each player gets a random power up every 10 seconds, which has the ability to affect the ball, the player or other players. It is possible to play Rumble on all maps except for Dunk House and the DFH Stadium version Snowy. This mode was added to online and offline private matches in Patch 1.22 on September 8th 2016.
Currently there are 7 casual and 4 competitive playlists in Rocket League. There is one retired playlist.
- Duel - 1v1 Soccar on competitive maps and casual maps
- Doubles - 2v2 Soccar on competitive maps and casual maps
- Standard - 3v3 Soccar on competitive maps and casual maps
- Chaos - 4v4 Soccar on competitive maps and casual maps
- Snow Day - 3v3 Snow Day on DFH Stadium version Snowy and Utopia Coliseum version Snowy
- Hoops - 2v2 Hoops on Dunk House
- Rumble - 3v3 Rumble on competitive maps with Pillars and Octagon replacing Wasteland
- Solo Duel - 1v1 Soccar on competitive maps
- Doubles - 2v2 Soccar on competitive maps
- Solo Standard - 3v3 Soccar on competitive maps with no pre-made teams
- Standard - 3v3 Soccar on competitive maps with pre-made teams allowed
Gameplay Settings allow the player to adjust certain aspects of how the game works for the user.
Camera Settings allow the player to adjust certain aspects of how the game appears to the user.
Control Settings allow the player to bind their keyboard and mouse or controller to perform various actions in-game.
Video Settings allow the player to adjust all the video aspects of the game such as resolution and brightness.
Audio Settings allow the player to adjust all the audio aspects of the game.