- Widowmaker is a deadly sniper hero that focuses on scoping in and eliminating key targets from a long distance.
- Widowmaker has many abilities to help her get that perfect spot for aiming.
- Make sure you change your position often, or you will be found out and easily eliminated.
- Practice aiming with Widowmaker's sniper rifle so you can learn to get your shots.
- Try to keep your crosshair ahead of where your target might be going, so you can more easily snipe them.
Widow's Kiss (Assault)
- This mode of her weapon makes a decent alternative for when enemies try to get close to her.
- It is hard to kill tanks with this mode, as it could require multiple mags to take down.
Widow's Kiss (Sniper)
- There are three arrows just below the crosshair. Reaching one arrow can kill 150 health heroes, such as Zenyatta and Tracer. Reaching two can kill 200-250 health heroes. Finally, reaching three deals 450 damage, which can take down most heroes in one shot.
- If your target is low on health, it might be better to kill them with a bodyshot.
- Shooting with this weapon leaves tracer shots behind, revealing your position, so don't spam with this mode.
- This ability does no damage so don't waste it by randomly shooting it at enemies.
- This ability is great for quickly reaching sniper spots and normally inaccessible areas to snipe from.
- The ability doesn't go on cooldown until you hook onto something.
- You can use this as an ability to get away from trouble and to a safe spot to run.
- Put your mine in places where flankers might you get from, so you can have a small safety precaution on whether you've been found.
- Don't use this ability by shooting it in the fray. It deals lackluster damage overall and can be easily seen and destroyed.
- You will have a marker where your venom mine is and will alert you when it's been triggered or destroyed
- Use this ultimate almost whenever you can. Having knowledge of enemy positions is crucial for your team.
- If you notice the enemy team might be preparing for a push, use this to find where they could be pushing from.
- Your team can see enemy players during this ultimate, making it useful for anyone.
Widowmaker is the perfect assassin: a patient, ruthlessly efficient killer who shows neither emotion nor remorse.
It is believed that in her former life, Widowmaker was married to Gérard Lacroix, an Overwatch agent spearheading operations against the Talon terrorist organization. After several unsuccessful attempts to eliminate Gérard, Talon decided to change its focus to his wife, Amélie. Talon operatives kidnapped her and subjected her to an intense program of neural reconditioning. They broke her will, suppressed her personality, and reprogrammed her as a sleeper agent. She was eventually found by Overwatch agents, apparently none the worse for wear, and returned to her normal life.
Two weeks later she killed Gérard in his sleep.
Her mission complete, Amélie returned to Talon, and they completed the process of turning her into a living weapon. She was given extensive training in the covert arts, and then her physiology was altered, drastically slowing her heart, which turned her skin cold and blue and numbed her ability to experience human emotion. Amélie was gone.
Now, Widowmaker is Talon's most effective assassin, feeling little save the satisfaction of a job well done.
- Voiced by Chloe Hollings
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
|June 14, 2016 Patch [note 1]|
|April 6, 2016 Patch|
|November 20, 2015 Patch|
|November 9, 2015 Patch|