Far from the Cursed Hollow, on the very borders of Raven Court, lie the Haunted Mines. Sealed beneath a shadowy graveyard, the undead clamor to be released from their earthen prison. The Haunted Mines consists of two lanes. What differentiates it from other maps is that it contains two levels, an upper level and a lower level known as the Haunted Mines.
Please note that Haunted Mines is currently not available in matchmaking, but may return in the future. It is still available in Custom games.
Battle Ground Objectives
- Enter the mines
- The mines open up about 2 minutes after the start of the match.
- To enter the mines there are two entrances, one in the top lane and one in the bottom lane.
- Collect skulls
- The objective of the mines is that there are 100 skulls, including a boss grave golem located in the middle of the mines giving off 30 skulls when killed.
- When all 100 skulls are collected each team spawns a grave golem, who's strength is equal to the amount of skulls collected.
- Push with the golem
- When the golem spawns for the first time, it will spawn in the main base of each team, every time after this it will spawn in the place it died when it was previously spawned.
- It takes about 30 seconds for the golem to spawn.
- The Mines will open again about every 2 minutes after the last golem has died.
- After the first opening the mines are permanently open, meaning you can enter them whenever you want.
Secondary Battlefield Objectives
- Using a 4/1 or 1/4 lane is common on this map, having 4 heroes on the lane where their golem is spawning.
- The mines will open for the first time when each team is about to hit level 4.
- You fight for the first 70 skulls allocated in 8 spots around the mines.
- A good general consensus is that if you win the team-fight in the mines you get to take the boss, which grants you 30 additional skulls. The team who lost the fight can take the Bruiser Camp located in the middle while this is happening.
- When you take the Siege Camp for the first time on this map be sure of one thing; if you step on the circle right when the enemy's golem is at least over half the way there (usually right after it walks past the entrance to the mines), the golems will be safe behind your gate. Otherwise they walk into lane and die.
- Getting a hero on your team with the talent "Calldown: MULE" should definitely be considered. It can fix the gate, turrets, keep and your core.