World E-sport Championships 2014
|Main Event||Chinese Qualifier||Korean Qualifier||European Qualifier||American Qualifier|
(≃ $63,375 USD)
World E-sport Championships 2014 is a professional E-sport tournament organized by D8TV. There are global qualifiers to determine 8 Hearthstone players, who will participate in the Grand Finals. The Grand Finals will be held in the Yellow Dragon Stadium in Hangzhou, which was one of the venues of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2007.
390,000 CNY (~63,375 USD) is spread among the players as seen below:
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Player||Team|
|1st||$32,500||¥ 200,000||TidesofTime||Tempo Storm|
|2nd||$13,000||¥ 80,000||Surrender||Golden Coin|
|3rd||$8,125||¥ 50,000||RenieHouR||Golden Coin|
|4th||$3,250||¥ 20,000||Fuoliver||Yolo Miracle|
|5th-6th||$1,625||¥ 10,000||Rdu||Meet Your Makers|
|7th-8th||$1,625||¥ 10,000||Alchemixt||Team Curse|
Conversion values taken from xe.com on August 12th, 2014. 1 CNY ≈ 0.1625 USD
There are 8 spots for players from all over the world divided to regions as follows:
- 2 spots in the Chinese Qualifier
- 2 spots in the Korean Qualifier
- 2 spots in the European Qualifier
- 2 spots in the American Qualifier
- Double Elimination
- All matches are Bo5.
- For the Bo5 stage, players need to submit 4 different classes + 9 decks.
- Players are NOT allowed to change decklists.
- "Ban system" will be employed. Before the start of each series, players will know each other’s 4 classes. Each series you get to ban a class from your opponent and tell the admin.
- Winner keeps the deck and loser changes to another deck.
- No sideboarding during the tournament.
- Grand Finals will require the player coming from Losers Bracket to win two Bo5s.
|Qualified players (8)|