Liquipedia:How to Contribute
Liquipedia aims to be the definitive source for all things Hearthstone. This site is a wiki, which means that it is user-driven and dependent on your contributions. We welcome any and all contributions; the information on this page is to help you get started.
Formatting and Good English
We have an easy-to-follow template for almost every type of page. Check the List of Templates page for a list of almost any type of page you want to make or wiki-template you want to use! All coding is done for you. If you need some extra code done, just find us in IRC at #liquipedia on QuakeNet.
There is always room to improve the spelling, grammar, and tone of most of our articles. Even without much factual knowledge, you can help us improve the quality of articles on this wiki.
We try to enforce a style guide with the intent of giving the wiki a more unified look. Treat it as a guideline, as other people can always clean up your work later. Also, please take a look at this help page if needed.
Factual Content:Leagues, Maps, Players, Teams
Who and what to add?
Players may receive their individual pages, as long as they surpass a certain threshold of notability. Check the bullet points below. If your chosen player fits at least one of these, then they are likely notable to warrant a page on this wiki.
- Previous history: If the player was a notable pro-gamer in another game (Warcraft III, StarCraft: Brood War...)
- Achievements: If the player has earned at least 250 EUR (340 USD) in tournaments
- Sponsored: If the player is a notable member of a major team.
- Strategies: If this player has made widely known strategies.
To create a new player page, follow the Player Template.
To create a team page or not to create?
When to create
If the team fulfills both of the following:
- The team is a well-established eSport organisation with a number of sponsors;
- At least one player with international achievements, or at least two players with a Liquipedia page;
When not to create
- A start-up clan with no history and no organization;
- No international achievements
- No website/social media
Leagues and tournaments with a cash prize of at least $50 should be added right away for documentary purposes.
Completely optional, but make your userpage a good indication of who you are! Feel free to be friendly or use some Userboxes to spruce things up.