Legendary Series Season 1
ESL announce the Hearthstone Legendary Series Season 1, sponsored by Newegg.
The Hearthstone Legendary Series Season 1 will have a 12-week season featuring two separate tournament cups per week, culminating in playoffs at the ESL studios in Burbank, California, with a seasonal prize pool of US$36,000 up for grabs.
The Challenger Tournament is an open signup tournament with a US$500 prize pool for each of the 12 weeks.
- Best of three, single elimination brackets
- The winner must retain their deck, but the loser cannot use the same deck again
- No sideboarding
- A top two finish guarantees participation in that week’s Legendary Series Match Day
The Match Day features eight of the best Hearthstone players in the world every week.
- Eight players will fight for ranking points which will determine who will attend the grand finals.
- The participants in each week's Match Day will be selected using the following criteria:
|Week 1||Week 2-5||Week 6-8|
|invitees based on merit||4||4||3|
|from previous week's top 4||2*||2||3|
|from that week's Challenger Top 2||2||2||2|
* Week 1's 2 players will come from the NESL Preseason tournament point totals after playing through a bracket of the top 8.
- $500 in Prizes per week
- Continued invites for points in next season week 1
- Different formats possible as ESL continue exciting cups while finalist players book travel to LA Studios
* week 9-12 were not broadcasted.
Eight players will advance to the LAN finals at ESL's studio in Burbank, California, with the grand finals themselves having a US$20,000 share of the prize pool to distribute among the contestants. Players can secure a spot for the playoffs based on their past performances in the following ways:
- Via one of four invites given to the first place winners of weeks five, six, seven or eight
- Via one of four invites given to those with the top four point totals at the end of week eight
|3 - 4th||+15|
- Week 1:
- Week 2:
- Week 3:
- Week 4:
- Week 5:
- Week 6:
- Week 7:
- Week 8: