Hajime "Tokido" Taniguchi is a Japanese fighting game player. He is a two-time EVO champion, having won Capcom vs. SNK 2 in 2002 as well as winning Super Street Fighter II Turbo in 2007.
Tokido was introduced to fighting games in the 1990s, when he played The King of Fighters '94 on the Neo Geo MVS. The first Street Fighter game Tokido came in contact with was Street Fighter 2 on the Super Famicom.
Sponsored by Madcatz, Tokido was a highly successful King of Fighters XIII player in 2014. Tokido got into Street Fighter IV late compared to other high-level players. When he did, teammate Daigo Umehara suggested him to pick the Akuma, as a character like Ryu would be too difficult for him. While playing as Akuma, Taniguchi would typically corner opponents and trap them in a vortex, which essentially guarantees that they will take damage.
In Street Fighter V Tokido reached second place multiple times during the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour, losing only to Infiltration at Final Round 19 and NorCal Regionals 2016. Tokido would eventually defeat Infiltration at CEO 2016 in order to qualify for Capcom Cup. On January 4 2017, Tokido was signed by Echo Fox.
|2016-11-06||2nd||Premier||Capcom Pro Tour NA Regional Finals @ Red Bull Battle Grounds 2016||$3,000|
|2016-10-09||1st||Premier||South East Asia Major 2016||$7,000|
|2016-07-31||3rd||Major||RAGE Vol. 2||$1,956|
|2016-06-26||1st||Premier||Community Effort Orlando 2016||2 : 0||Infiltration||$12,022|
|2016-06-21||3rd||Premier||DreamHack Summer 2016||$1,500|
|2016-03-27||2nd||Premier||NorCal Regionals 2016||$3,000|
|2016-03-20||2nd||Premier||Final Round 19||$3,000|
|2015-07-19||5 - 6th||Premier||Evolution Championship Series 2015||$2,945|
|2013-07-14||2nd||Premier||Evolution Championship Series 2013||$3,601|
|About achievementsComplete Results in any Tournament|
- Is one of the Five Gods of Fighting Games.
- Started playing fighting games at the age of six.
- According to Bonchan, Tokido has a philosophy to train himself physically to compete well. 
- An iconic moment of his career came at SoCal Regionals 2010 in a match against Clakey D, where he ended the match by mimicking Akuma's Raging Demon pose. 
- Often described as a fighting games legend.
- Has adopted multiple playstyles over the years.
- Known for taking on a somewhat eccentric persona on stage. Though more recently, Tokido stated that he is meaning to leave such behavior behind him because he wants "to show entertainment in game, not out of it".