|This article is a player stub. You can help Liquipedia by expanding it.|
Gong "ZSMJ" Jian is a DotA player from China, who is currently playing for HyperGloryTeam.
ZSMJ is a member of the first generation Chinese Dota players.
ZSMJ made a name for himself during the DotA era, as a member of team For The Dream. He notably played a key role in his team's victory in the SMM 2009 and became one of the best-known carries in the Chinese scene. Later in the year, the team was absorbed by LGD Gaming, and went on to dominate the first half of 2010. Following a slump during the second half of the year, the roster led by ZSMJ started 2011 convincingly, with his victories in the StarsWar 6 and at G-League.
On August 2, 2011, LGD's roster had four players (ch, 830, ChuaN and YYF) poached by new gaming team Invictus Gaming, therefore leaving ZSMJ alone in the team. A week later, LGD unveiled its new line-up built and led by ZSMJ as it welcomed xiao8 and DDC (from Invictus Gaming), Yao (from Nirvana.cn), and DD (from TyLoo).
ZSMJ announced his retirement from competitive DotA on November 19, 2011, stating that he hadn't been performing well during the last months and didn't wish to drag his team down any further, and that he missed the rivalry between 2010's top three (EHOME, Nirvana.cn, LGD). In March 2012, he was reported to be considering to join EHOME, but complications arose due to a conflict of personal values, and the transfer was dropped.
Even though he retired from competitive play, ZSMJ didn't rule out the possibility of switching to a Dota 2 career, and asked for a beta key to play his first games during the summer 2012. In October 2012, he was rumored to be on the verge of returning to the competitive scene. In early December, he confirmed that he would be making a Dota 2 team.
After rumors of forming his team under LGD, ZSMJ eventually signed with Vici Gaming to lead their B-team. He was quickly promoted to their A-team, which had seen some success in G-League 2012 Season 2 and eventually lost due to a lack of experience. The addition of ZSMJ to the squad saw an improvement in results as ZSMJ led the team to finish 2nd in Netolic Pro League Season 2 and get off to a strong start in Dota 2 Super League.
Following several team shuffles, ZSMJ was announced to have joined Team HGT, also known as HyperGloryTeam in March 2014. It was here that he claimed his first Dota 2 title, the first season of WVW National Electronic Sports Classic.
- 2013-03-14 | Gamefy interviews VG.ZSMJ by gamefy.cn, translated by Calvin C
- 2012-11-29 | The legendary ZSMJ is back! by dota.178.com, translated by dotatalk
- 2012-07-15 | "A couple of days ago I heard that the prizepools for competitions are higher than last year so I asked Icefrog for a betakey" by Nova.Shuiguo of ECAL.tv, translated by GosuGamers
- 2011-08-25 | ZSMJ: 'I was just as surprised as anyone' by Dota.178.com, translated by GosuGamers
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Only ZSMJ remains behind for LGD". GosuGamers.net. August 2, 2011.
- ↑ "Xiao8 and DDC move to LGD". GosuGamers.net. August 9, 2012.
- ↑ "ZSMJ bids goodbye to LG". GosuGamers.net. November 19, 2011.
- ↑ "Will ZSMJ make his comeback by joining EHOME?". Dota.sgamer.com. March 16, 2012. Google-translated version
- ↑ DC: "ZSMJ not joining EHOME". joinDOTA.com. March 24, 2012.
- ↑ "ShuiGuo interviews ZSMJ". GosuGamers.net. July 15, 2012.
- ↑ Ryze: "Update: ZSMJ is returning to the competitive scene.". RyzeDota@Twitter.com. October 23, 2012.
- ↑ "The legendary ZSMJ is back! " dotatalk.com. December 1, 2012.