The Summit 1
The Summit was a tournament hosted by Beyond the Summit (BTS) that featured two invited teams and four teams that had to qualify through regional online qualifiers.
Beyond the Summit aimed to create a "behind the scenes" oriented tournament, inspired by TakeTV's Homestory Cup in StarCraft 2, where the fans can see sides of their favorite players that they don't normally get to see. To achieve this the tournament was held at the BTS House in Los Angeles, where the crew currently live and work.
The tournament had a base prize pool of $50,000, with $30,000 in travel support also provided. In addition to the base prize pool, 25% of all in-game sales for the tournament were used to increase the prize pool.
- Two teams are directly invited.
- Four teams from the qualifiers, two from America, one from Europe and one from Asia.
- Group Stage
- Best of 1 round robin group.
- Top four teams advance to winner's bracket.
- Bottom two teams advance to loser's bracket.
- Top team gets a choice of opponents from third and fourth for the playoffs.
- Best of 3 double elimination bracket.
- Grand Finals are best of 5 with no winner's bracket advantage.
The base prize pool set by Beyond the Summit was $50,000 with travel support of $30,000.
For every in-game purchase an additional 25% of the purchase was added to the base prize pool.
The total prize pool was at $132,350 ($52,350 added) as of June 9th, 2014.
|5th-6th||$3,309||2.5%||Na`Vi North America|
- Excalibur stood in for Era, who missed the tournament due to health reasons.
- North American Rejects were acquired by Na'Vi on June 3rd, 2014.
|6.||Na`Vi North America||0-5|
- Spoiler-free Official YouTube VODs @ DotaVODs