The International 2013
Invitational, group stage into
Dota TV Ticket:
Free in Dota 2 Client
The International Dota 2 Championship was held in Seattle, Washington, at the Benaroya Hall. It was the world's largest Dota 2 tournament, based on prize pool. The event was held from August 8 to August 11, 2013, at Benaroya Hall in Seattle, Washington. This event is the third tournament to bear the name 'The International.' The first International was held in 2011 at Gamescom while the second International was held in 2012 in Seattle.
Out of the 16 participating teams, 13 were invited, with two of the remaining teams receiving their place in the tournament via two invite-only geographic qualifier tournaments, the "West Qualifier" and the "East Qualifier." The final team received their place by winning the Wildcard Match between the runners-up of the two qualifier tournaments.
- Qualifiers - May 13th - May 30th, 2013
- Two Regional Qualifiers.
- The winner of each Regional Qualifier will join the other invited teams in Seattle.
- The runner-up of each Qualifier will be invited to Seattle to compete in the wildcard match.
- Wild Card - August 2nd, 2013
- One best-of-five match.
- Winner advances to group stage.
- Group Stage - August 3rd - August 5th, 2013
- Two groups of eight teams.
- Teams play every other team in their group in a best of 2
- Top four teams in each group advance to upper bracket of the Main Event.
- Bottom four teams in each group advance to lower bracket of the Main Event.
- Main Event - August 7th - August 11th, 2013
- Sixteen teams play in a double elimination format over six days.
- Eight teams begin in the upper bracket, eight in the lower bracket .
- First three lower bracket games are best of one, Grand Finals are best of five, all others are best of three.
- EN Host:
- 2GD (James Harding)
The base prize pool was the same as the one used at the first and second Internationals. However, 25% of the revenue generated by the sale of the Interactive Compendium was redirected to the prize pool. The final prize pool was $2,874,380 ($1,274,380 added) USD.
13 teams were selected by Valve and were sent personal invitations to compete in the tournament and were announced during the week of April 23rd - 30th. The teams who were not directly invited had a chance to qualify through two qualifiers divided by geographical region. These invitational tournaments were appropriately named the Eastern Qualifiers and the Western Qualifiers. The winners of these qualifiers were directly invited to the tournament while the runner-ups of each tournament were flown to compete for the final spot in the tournament through a qualification game in Seattle.
1 LGD.cn's invite was revoked due to roster changes. Instead they were forced to play in the Eastern Qualifier and their invite spot was given to TongFu.
- Full team rosters are available here.
|* As both teams finished with the same score, an additional game was played to determine upper and lower bracket seeds.
|You can click on the individual matches in the bracket to get more information about them.|
- For detailed match results click here.
|| Zhou, Ferrari_ 430, YYF, Faith, Hao, Mu, SanSheng, Banana, KingJ, BurNIng, Super, rOtK, QQQ, MMY!, Sylar, Yao, xiao8, LaNm, Luo, Icy, Kabu, Sag
|| ChuaN, Mushi, kYxY, Ohaiyo, XtiNcT, Net, YamateH, Ice, dabeliuteef, TooFuckingGood, Ling, FzFz, WinteR
|| United States
|| Korok, Bulba, FLUFFNSTUFF, ixmike88, Sneyking, Universe, Fogged, Brax
|| Loda, s4, AdmiralBulldog, EGM, Akke, Era, Pajkatt
|| H4nn1, KuroKy, Black^, FATA-, qojqva, paS
|| Illidan, Crazy, ARS-ART, NS, God, Silent
|| XBOCT, Dendi, Funn1k, KSi, Goblak
|| TC, Aui_2000, Waytosexy, 1437
|| iceiceice, xy-, xFreedom
|| Funzii, Sockshka, 7ckngMad
|| BigDaddy, MiSeRY, syndereN