The International 2012
The International Dota 2 Championship was the world's largest Dota 2 tournament, based on prize pot. The event was held from August 26 to September 2, 2012, at Benaroya Hall in Seattle, Washington. This event is the second tournament to bear the name 'The International.' The first International was held in 2011 and functioned as the launch date of the Dota 2 beta.
Out of the 16 participating teams, 14 were invited, with the remaining two receiving their place in the tournament via two invite-only geographic qualifier tournaments, the "West Qualifier" and the "East Qualifier."
- 1 Prizepool
- 2 Participants
- 3 Format
- 4 Results
- 5 Main Event
- 6 View Games
- 7 Additional Coverage
- 8 Gallery
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Like the first International, a total of $1,600,000 USD was spread among the top 8 teams as seen below.
|9th-12th||-||-||Counter Logic Gaming|
* MUFC ran into last minute issues and was replaced by mousesports after playing a Bo5 series against World Elite.
* For detailed results and information about this match, Click Here.
* mousesports replaced ComeWithMe with KuroKy due to visa issues.
- 16 invited teams placed into 2 groups of 8 teams each.
- Each team will play all the other teams in their group 2 times.
- The top four teams from each group are placed into the Winners Bracket.
- The bottom four teams from each group are placed into the Losers Bracket.
- Main Event
- All rounds of the Winners Bracket, except for the grand finals, are Bo3.
- Rounds 1 through 4 of the Losers Bracket are Bo1.
- The last two rounds of the Losers Bracket are Bo3.
- The winner of the Losers Bracket will face the winner of the Winners Bracket in the grand finals in a Bo5 in order to determine the champion.
|5.||Counter Logic Gaming||6-8|
|Group A Matches|
|Group B Matches|
|For detailed match results, click here.|
|For detailed match results click here|
- Comprehensive Statistics — The International 2 — Dota Academy
- The International 2012 — Valve Documentary
- MUFC Blog.dota2.com August 25th, 2012