Troels "SyndereN" Nielsen is a retired Danish player.
In December 2009 SyndereN formed "THE SHIT!", a team consisting mainly of Scandinavian players. They experienced some success as they became the first team to take a game off of "Blight.int" at a point where they were seen as invincible. "THE SHIT!" also finished second in "Farm4Fame 2.4". They were picked up by a sponsor, Online Kingdom, in March 2010. As Online Kingdom the squad won "European Dota Championship Pro League", and got into the top 8 at ESWC 2010. They finally disbanded after a brief period of inactivity in October 2010.
As a player
SyndereN's big break in Dota 2 came when his current team of "Wild Honey Badgers" won the Dreamhack Winter 2011 Dota 2 tournament. Shortly after the tournament completed, SyndereN and his team were picked up by mTw to form their Dota 2 division. Despite running into a few changes with the team and even a complete revamp, SyndereN continued to prove his capabilities as a captain and a player by leading mTw to tournament victories in The GD Studio's Arena #2 for $1,000 and more notably, retained their DreamHack championship at Dreamhack Summer 2012 against Na`Vi for 50,000 SEK (approximately US$7,500).
With the same line-up as DreamHack Summer 2012, SyndereN managed to qualify for The International 2012. Shortly before the tournament rumors started that the team had internal issues and SyndereN was removed from the role as captain. After a disappointing 3-11 record at the event all players, except for SyndereN, left the organization. It was made clear that SyndereN would, yet again, build a team from scratch.
On October 31 of 2012, mTw announced their new Dota 2 squad with SyndereN at the helm again. The new team consisted of Matrim, Tulex, Warlog, Dutch_freak and SyndereN himself. The newly established mTw team was expected to participate in Dreamhack Winter 2012 on the backs of the invitation the previous mTw squad received for winning DreamHack Summer 2012 over Na'Vi. Unfortunately for SyndereN and his fresh dota squad, they were unable to attend DreamHack Winter 2012, stating that they were not up to the level of skill they wish to be. SyndereN was never able to really show off his newest mTw Dota 2 squad on a big stage because on January 27, 2013, mTw shut down for good. After that, ex-mTw played under the moniker of Re-defining Madness. On February 26th, SyndereN announced the disbandment of Re-defining Madness, due to a lack of progress and lackluster performance, and the players went their own ways.
On May 1, 2013, SyndereN joined mousesports, where he replaced the recently removed Alex.. On December 19th 2013 SyndereN announced his retirement as a professional player to focus as a commentator. .
As a caster
In addition to being a popular player, SyndereN has also co-cast with Tobi Wan for The Defense Season 1 and 2, along with a few games of The International 2012. He is well liked for the insight he provides during the casts as well as his good chemistry with Tobi. Some of SyndereN's most notable casts were for The Defense Season 1 finals where he flew to Germany to cast with Tobi Wan in person. In January 2014 SyndereN joined Dotacinema as a caster under the title "Head of e-Sports". There he formed a casting duo with the ex-HoN caster SUNSfan and proceeded to cast the Dotacinema organized tournament, XMG Captains Draft Invitational. The duo is currently casting as part of the North American Hub for the "The International 4" qualifiers. On June 6, 2014, Valve officially invited him to The International 4 as a personality.
With Wild Honey Badgers
- 2015-04-26 | syndereN om Kina vs. Världen: "I need a bigger sample size" by André "rich" Åkerblom of Fragbite at Star Ladder Star Series 12
- 2015-04-26 | ESA - Interview with SyndereN at StarLadder12 by Andreea "Div" Esanu of eSports Addicts at Star Ladder Star Series 12
- 2014-06-19 | Insights from SyndereN: perspectives and predictions from the player-turned-commentator by Jesse "Terial" Sell of ESLGaming.com
- 2013-06-16 | mouz.Synderen Interview @ DreamHack Summer 2013 by Hotbid of Teamliquid.net at Dreamhack Summer 2013
- 2013-05-19 | syndereN: 'So proud of my team for pulling through!' by GosuGamers at The International 2013 West Qualifiers
- 2013-01-31 | Synderen Talks MTW, The International and More by WesternWolves
- 2012-10-31 | syndereN: 'These changes have been necessary' by GosuGamers
- 2012-06-12 | syndereN: 'Being unpredictable is going to be crucial' by GosuGamers
- 2011-11-25 | Dreamhack Winter 2011 - Day 2 Interview with syndereN by TobiWan of joinDOTA at DreamHack Winter 2011
- 2011-09-11 | Interviews with KuroKy, syndereN and Lacoste by DotA LighT
- ↑ Patrik "Raistlin" Hellstrand (2009-12-12). "Drayich returns as syndereN forms 'THE SHIT!'". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "heikki" (2010-10-10). "Online Kingdom disbands". GosuGamers.com. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- ↑ Vincent "em0_llama" Nunes (2010-03-06). "TheShit! is now OK". GosuGamers.com. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- ↑ Kai "Treble1999" Chua (2011-12-07). "mTw acquire Wild Honey Badgers". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- ↑ "mymTw - All good things comes to an end"
- ↑ "Matrim and Tulex return to mTw"
- ↑ "mTw and Clan Poland not traveling to DreamHack"
- ↑ "mTw officially shuts down"
- ↑ Re-Defining Madness disbands
- ↑ SyndereN Joins Mouz
- ↑ SyndereN retires as a player
- ↑ http://www.dotacinema.com/news/dotacinema-expands-synderen-joins-as-head-of-e-sports
- ↑ Ren "Ren" Vitug (2014-06-06). "UPDATED : Multiple EN casters and personalities confirm TI4 invite". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2014-07-15.