Slark, the Nightcrawler
|Carry Escape Disabler Nuker|
Little known to the inhabitants of the dry world, Dark Reef is a sunken prison where the worst of the sea-bred are sent for crimes against their fellows. It is a razor barbed warren full of murderous slithereen, treacherous Deep Ones, sociopathic meranths. In this dim labyrinth, patrolled by eels and guarded by enormous anemones, only the vicious survive. Pitched into Dark Reef for crimes unknown, Slark spent half a lifetime without kin or kindness, trusting no one, surviving through a combination of stealth and ruthlessness, keeping his thoughts and his plans to himself. When the infamous Dark Reef Dozen plotted their ill-fated breakout, they kept their plans a perfect secret, murdering anyone who could have put the pieces together—but somehow Slark discovered their scheme and made a place for himself in it. Ten of the Dozen died in the escape attempt, and two were captured, hauled back to Dark Reef, then executed for the entertainment of their fellow inmates. But Slark, the unsung thirteenth, used the commotion as cover and slipped away, never to be caught. Now a furtive resident of the carnivorous mangrove scrub that grips the southern reach of Shadeshore, Slark remains the only successful escapee from Dark Reef.
- 1.5 seconds after cast, Dark Pact begins damaging in a series of 10 pulses every 0.1 seconds.
- Each pulse also removes buffs from Slark. Slark cannot kill himself with this skill. If Slark dies, the pulses immediately stop.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity.
- On cast, Slark leaps forward at a speed of 933.33, stopping early if he latches onto an enemy unit in a 95 radius along the 700 distance.
- Moving more than 100 distance away in less than 0.03 seconds will break the leash.
- Trees are destroyed in a 200 × 200 rectangle around Slark's landing area.
- Blinking or teleporting away will break the leash.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity.
- When an enemy hero dies under the effect of Essence Shift, the hero will revive with their attributes restored but Slark will not immediately lose his agility gained.
- Attributes cannot be dropped below 1 by Essence Shift.
- Disabled by Break.
- When cast, the Slark becomes invisible for 4 seconds, this invisibility is not broken by casting abilities, using items, or attacking. True Sight from any source does not reveal him either.
- While invisible from this ability's active effect, a visible dark cloud effect is shown at Slark's position.
- If Slark is damaged by a neutral creep, the passive effect is disabled for 2 seconds.
- When broken, only the passive regeneration and speed are disabled. The active invisibility is not.
|+120s Essence Shift duration||25||+1s Shadow Dance Duration|
|+3s Pounce Leash||20||+150 Dark Pact Damage|
|20% Lifesteal||15||+30 Attack Speed|
|+10 Agility||10||+8 Strength|
Pouncing into danger then slipping back out is what Slark does best. He rushes at the chance to pin or corner a lone foe, steals their essence with each cut from his dagger, and is always ready to vanish should the tables turn.
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|