Observer Ward (also known as obs) is a Basic item purchasable from the Consumables section at the Home Shop. Because of the power they provide through map control, their stock in the shop is limited to a maximum of 4, with an initial stock of 2. It takes 2.5 minutes to replenish 1 stock. Fully shareable.
Stacks with itself and Sentry Wards in the inventory. When stacked with Sentries, double clicking toggles the active ward type.
- Observer Wards are permanently invisible and do not block paths.
- Wards have ground vision and cannot see through trees or the high ground above them.
- Cannot be placed within 1350 range of the fountain. Cannot be placed in the Roshan pit.
- Holding down + the item hotkey transfers a ward to an ally by clicking on them.
- Blocks neutral creep camps from spawning.
It is best to place wards strategically in areas of high enemy traffic. They can forewarn your team of incoming enemy attacks due to their large vision range. Wards are generally placed on cliffs at the highest elevation, so they can see unobstructed into the areas below. A common ward location is near Roshan, to check whether the enemy will attempt to take Aegis.
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|