A form of half-sentient plant, often cultivated by apprentice wizards.
Observer Ward is a Basic item purchasable from the Consumables section at the Main Shop. Because of the power they provide through map control, their stock in the shop is limited to a maximum of 4, with an initial stock of 2. It takes 3 minutes to replenish 1 stock. Fully shareable.
Stacks with itself and Sentry Wards in the inventory. When stacked with Sentries, double clicking toggles the active ward type.
Ability: Target Point
Plants an Observer Ward, an invisible
watcher that gives vision of its surrounding area to your team.
- Sight Range:
- Cast Range:
- Observer Wards are permanently invisible and do not block paths.
- Wards have ground vision and cannot see through trees or the high ground above them.
- Cannot be placed within 1350 range of the fountain. Cannot be placed within or see into the Roshan pit.
- Holding down Control + the item hotkey allows the user to transfer a ward to an ally by clicking on them.
- Observer Wards have 200 hp, a 50 gold/exp bounty, and can be denied. Attacks against Observer Wards cannot miss.
- Blocks neutral creep camps from spawning.
It is best to place wards strategically in areas of high enemy traffic. They can forewarn your team of incoming enemy attacks due to their large vision range. Wards are generally placed on cliffs at the highest elevation, so they can see unobstructed into the areas below. A common ward location is near Roshan, to check whether the enemy will attempt to take Aegis.
- Observer and Sentry Wards now stack into one inventory slot. Double clicking toggles which ward type is currently active.
- Observer Wards now come in single increments
- Cost and restock time reduced by half and stock doubled
- Observer Wards now provide a 50 XP bounty when destroyed
- Attacking a ward can no longer miss (same for Sentry Wards)
- Sharing wards with allies now requires a Control key override.
- Wards can no longer be placed in the fountain areas
- Can be targeted on allies to transfer one charge
- Duration increased from 6 to 7 minutes
- Killing Observer Wards now grants a 50 gold bounty
- Initial Stock now starts at 1 instead of 2 (max stock is still 2)
- Observer Wards gold cost decreased from 200 to 150
- Changed Max Stock on Observer Wards to 2
- Observer Wards now require 5 mana to be placed
WC3 DotA Version