Rasmus "MiSeRy" Filipsen is a Danish player who is currently playing for Digital Chaos.
MiSeRy started his professional Dota career in 2008. He is an extremely versatile player having played the hard carry role on MYM, the mid role on Counter Logic Gaming, the offlane role for Team Secret and the support role on a number of teams.
MiSeRy entered the professional Dota scene in 2008 with an all-Danish team called "Mom equals toilet", abbreviated "Met". The other players on the team were Smiske, AngeL, miGGel, StoDDeReN and zenition. Later they added Donald-Duck and DanishPride. They finished high in a number of tournaments, including a 4th place at DreamHack Winter 2008, 2nd place in Farm4Fame #3, and a 4th place in MYM PriDe #10. Despite being quite infamous for flaming in their games, Met were nominated for a 2008 GosuAward in the category Team of the Year. Met were picked up by a sponsor in March 2009 and became "Roskilde Ravens".
MiSeRy transitioned into Dota 2 together with his team MYM to play in The International 2011. They finished 4th and took home $80,000 in prize money. Only a few days later the team decided to disband. MiSeRy then continued his career in Evil Geniuses as they picked up a Dota 2 team in October 2011. The team was sent to China to practice for two months. In May 2012 he left EG to join Counter Logic Gaming, where he would reunite with former EG teammate Pajkatt. Counter Logic Gaming ultimately finished 9-12th at The International 2012, the team continued to play together for a few months after TI 2 but ultimately disbanded in October 2012.
On October 15, 2012, it was announced that he would be joining LGD.international, along with Brax, Pajkatt, 1437, and God. Upon joining the team MiSeRy would take on a supporting role, instead of playing as number 2 which he did on CLG.
On December 13th 2013, citing communication issues and failing to renew his visa, he announced his departure from LGD.international.
2014 was a highly eventful year for MiSeRy with numerous team changes. After departing from LGD.international he joined Team Dog along with his former team-mate Pajkatt. MiSeRy continued to play the support role for Team Dog. Team Dog was picked up by mousesports shortly before The International 2014 but ultimately they fell to a disappointing 11-12th finish. In the post-TI4 roster reshuffle the team fell apart, and disbanded without an official announcement.
After TI4, MiSeRy played as a stand-in for Alliance for a period of time but eventually they chose not to continue playing with him. MiSeRy then proceeded to play as a stand-in for Team Secret as a replacement for Fly in the offlane. He won two major online tournaments while playing as a stand-in for Secret but was ultimately replaced by Zai. MiSeRy then joined Cloud9 in January 2015 as their support player but the team was ultimately unsuccessful and failed to win any tournaments.
In August 2015, following a disappointing performance at The International 2015, Cloud9 disbanded. It was announced shortly afterwards that MiSeRy, along with his former Cloud9 team-mate EternaLEnVy, would be joining Team Secret. MiSeRy switched from playing the support role to playing as the offlaner for Secret. Secret's first LAN event with this new roster was at ESL New York where they finished runners up. Secret won the next two LAN tournaments they took part in, these were the first major LAN tournaments that MiSeRy had won since switching to DOTA 2. Team Secret then finished as runners up in The Frankfurt Major 2015 with MiSeRy's Slardar often warranting first phase bans. Following a string of poor performances Team Secret entered The Shanghai Major 2016 as underdogs but ultimately won the tournament. MiSeRy attended Dota Pit League Season 4 with Team Secret just one week after The Shanghai Major and was eliminated in the first round. Shortly afterwards MiSeRy and w33 were kicked from Team Secret to make way for UNiVeRsE and Arteezy respectively, the kick occurred towards the end of the roster lock period leaving MiSeRy with only a few days to search for a new team. MiSeRy and w33 formed a new team together just two days later with MiSeRy as captain, under the Digital Chaos organization.
Under Digital Chaos, MiSeRy became the team's captain, and the team was able to claim first place in multiple North American qualifiers, including the qualifier for the Manila Major defeating established North American teams like Shazam and Complexity Gaming. At the Major itself, Digital Chaos lugged behind, and finished only at 9th-12th place. Winning the second regional qualifier in the Americas and their slot for the International, Digital Chaos's premier LANs heading into the tournament consistently hit only second to the last.
The team, however, shocked the community as they showed a dominant group stage performance, a single point shy from dominating the bracket. Losing to Wings in the Winner's Bracket, Digital Chaos clawed their way through the Loser's Bracket, with their final match in the bracket being a victory against defending champions, Evil Geniuses. At the grand finals, Wings cut Digital Chaos down once more, leaving the team with a 2nd place finish overall.
- MiSeRy is the first player to play all positions during a Valve event; playing Position 1 during The International 2011, Position 2 at The International 2012, Position 3 at the Frankfurt Major, Position 4 at The International 2014 and Position 5 at The International 2013
|2017-01-08||1st||Premier||ESL One Genting 2017||3 : 2||$125,000|
|2016-12-10||3 - 4th||Premier||The Boston Major 2016||0 : 2||$250,000|
|2016-08-13||2nd||Premier||The International 2016||1 : 3||$3,427,126|
|2016-03-06||1st||Premier||The Shanghai Major 2016||3 : 1||$1,110,000|
|2015-11-21||2nd||Premier||The Frankfurt Major 2015||1 : 3||$405,000|
|2015-11-01||1st||Premier||Nanyang Dota 2 Championships||3 : 2||$105,688|
|2015-10-18||1st||Premier||MLG World Finals||3 : 1||$113,982|
|2015-02-07||5 - 6th||Premier||Dota 2 Asia Championships 2015||1 : 2||$152,876|
|2014-12-23||1st||Premier||Dota Pit League Season 2||3 : 0||$36,269|
|2014-12-21||1st||Premier||XMG Captains Draft 2.0||3 : 2||$96,860|
|About achievementsComplete Results in any Tournament|
- 2016-04-17 | Interview with MiSeRy about Team Secret and new his team DC @ SL iLeague Invitational by RuHub Media at SL i-League Invitational
- 2016-04-06 | DotPro Show: Misery from Digital Chaos by Defense of the Patience
- 2015-07-29 | TI5 Community Report: Hot_Bid and Misery by Hot_Bid of Valve at The International 2015
- 2015-05-1? | Misery Interview by Ineska (The Summit 3 by Gigabyte) by Ineska of Beyond the Summit at The Summit 3
- 2015-04-26 | MiSeRy-: "There's a clear gap between the best Chinese teams and the best western teams" by Sam "Wndwrt" Nordmark of Fragbite at Star Ladder Star Series XII
- 2015-02-01 | Cloud9 MiSeRy- Interview @ DAC 2015 by Sheever of GosuGamers.net at Dota 2 Asia Championships
- 2013-08-10 | TI3 - Misery & Ducky interview @ Day 3 by Linus "Tjernobylbarnet" Staaf of GosuGamers.net at The International 2013
- 2013-07-20 | Misery-: 'I'm mostly excited to see if we can perform better' by David "dragonccc" Wang of GosuGamers.net
- 2012-11-06 | Pajkatt & MiSeRy by dota2.sgamer.com
- 2012-04-26 | Интервью с Мизери SLTV Dota2 (Lan Final) by Star Ladder TV at Star Ladder Star Series Season 1 (trans. )
- 2012-01-22 | My focus is on EG and I'm not afraid of anyone, not even the mighty ArtStyle by "Morf-designer" of Prodota.ru
- 2011-11-11 | Misery WDC Interview by 178 at World Dota Championship 2011
- 2011-08-24 | Athene interviews Rasmus 'misery' Filipsen (Dota 2 Player from MYM) by Bachir "Athene" Boumaaza of Razer at The International 2011
- 2009-05-18 | The Last Try - Interview with Misery by Christian "ctc-noob" Andersen of GosuGamers.net
- 2009-02-10 | Mom equals Toilet interviewed by Dota-League.com at Dota-League Masters 2009
- "Met adds Donald Duck". dota-utilities.com. 2008-12. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Christoph "m3w" S. (2008-11-07). "Kingsurf to win Farm4Fame III". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Mathias "dopeshow_" S. (2008-05-21). "Plus46 adds the upcomers of MeT". SK-Gaming.com. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- Adam "synergis" Opalski (2009-01-26). "Nominees for GosuGamers Awards 2008". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- "bonzy" (2009-03-15). "Mom equals toilet zu Roskilde Ravens [Mom equals toilet becomes Roskilde Ravens]" (in German). Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Terrence "MrBlue" Wong (2011-08-28). "Maelk and co parts way with MYM". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Samuel "DarthBotto" Horton (2011-10-24). "EG acquires Dota 2 team". SK-Gaming.com. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- "snackattack" (2012-05-18). "Welcome CLG.Misery and CLG.Lacoste to CLG's DoTA 2 roster!". CLGaming.net. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Calvin "Jaywalker" C (2012-10-16). "LGD.international is confirmed". joinDOTA.com. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- Eric "reinnnn" Khor (2013-12-13). "Pajkatt and Misery leave LGD.Int; team flirting with disbandment". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Lawrence "Malystryx.GDS" Phillips (2014-02-16). "Pajkatt, Demon and Misery in Team Dog". joinDOTA.com. Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- Travis "ELON.Rafi" Elliott (2014-05-13). "mousesports officially picks up Team DOG". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- Jędrzej "ProxyPL" Smaruj (2015-01-06). "Cloud 9's new roster on fire in DAC!". joinDOTA.com. Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- Pranjal "pranjal26" Drall (2015-08-14). "Cloud9 officially disbands". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- John "porqpine" Sands (2015-08-22). "Team Secret reveals new roster". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- Andreea "divushka" Esanu (2016-03-26). "w33 and MiSeRy found a new home at Digital Chaos". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2016-08-14.