MarsTV Dota 2 League 2015 Winter
The base prize pool of the tournament was $270,000 USD, increased through the sale of in-game items. At the end of the tournament, the prize pool was $277,668 USD.
Winter League 2015 by Mars Media had online regional qualifiers. Chinese qualifier was originally planned to have 8 teams in a best of 2 round robin, with the winner qualifying and the bottom two team eliminated with the rest battling it out for one spot to qualify. Instead, LGD was invited directly and 8 teams were seeded into a double elimination bracket. SEA, NA, EU had 8 teams play best of three double elimination tournaments for one spot to qualify for the lan. Four total teams qualified for the main event.
Group stage and playoffs
The 10 teams were placed in a round robin of two groups playing best of twos:
- First in each group advanced directly to the semifinals.
- Second and third started in the upper bracket quarterfinals.
- Fourth place went to the lower bracket.
- Last place in each group was eliminated.
The playoffs were best of three, double elimination with a best of five final.
Teams in MarsTV Dota Winter League:
- 6 Direct Invites.
- 1 Chinese qualified team.
- 1 European qualified team.
- 1 Americas qualified team.
- 1 South East Asian qualified team.
| Group legend
|| Advances to the Semifinals in the winners' bracket
|| Advances to the Quarterfinals in the winners' bracket
|| Advances to the Losers' Round 1
|| Eliminated from the Tournament
*Was conducted with a single-elimination bracket
with a third place match.