KuroKy currently lives in Berlin, where he grew up. KuroKy suffered from disabilities to his legs, and would struggle to use his legs. He stated that this weakness was what led to him to play video games.
KuroKy played for a few German DotA teams before joining his first international team, mousesports, where he played with players such as Drayich. This mousesports lineup attended DreamHack Winter 2008 with Puppey acting as stand-in; this was to be the beginning of a long relationship between KuroKy and Puppey. KuroKy then joined Ks.int, which at one point had a total number of 9 players and looked more like a mix than an actual team. Some well known players in the DotA scene were on the team, such as Puppey, Vigoss and LevenT.
KuroKy's first public appearance in Dota 2 was The International 2011 along with the game's debut at Gamescom. He participated in the tournament under GosuGamers.net with teammates Kebap, Azen, and Mirakel. Unfortunately for them, they dropped all three group stage games and were eliminated by MiTH.Trust in the first round of the losers' bracket.
After the unsuccessful run at The International, KuroKy went on to play in several other teams with him as the star player; the teams included PANZER and 10,000th, which were also jokingly called KKy + 4. In May 2012, he joined Virtus.pro in the hopes to qualify for a spot to play at The International 2012. They won their first round match of the West Qualifiers against mTw but were eventually eliminated by mousesports and zNation. However, he got his chance to play at The International 2012 when ComeWithMe ran into visa issues and mousesports invited KuroKy to the event in his place. A stroke of luck for KuroKy and the other mouz players happened when MUFC ran into visa issues and could not make it to Seattle, leaving an extra spot for the backup teams. mouz played a best of five series against World Elite to determine who would replace MUFC in the main tournament and they took the wildcard match handedly with a 3-0 score. The main tournament itself was not a success for KuroKy as he was knocked out in the first round of the playoffs and could not improve upon his results from The International 2011.
After a short and well received stay at Mousesports, KuroKy joined Natus Vincere on February 28, 2013 as their support player alongside former Ks.Int team-mate Puppey. His first year on Na'Vi was very successful with many first place finishes and a second place finish at The International 2013. However, the second half of his Na'Vi career was largely disappointing and culminated in a 7-8th place finish at The International 2014. He left Na`Vi on August 18, 2014. Following his departure, it was revealed on August 27th, 2014 that he was on the roster for Secret Team.
KuroKy initially played the carry position for the newly formed Team Secret but success eluded the team as their best result was a second place finish at Star Ladder. A roster shuffle took place and the addition of Arteezy resulted in KuroKy returning to the support position alongside Puppey once again. This new Team Secret roster was more successful than the previous and, having won 4 consecutive LAN finals, they approached The International 2015 as heavy favourites. However, Team Secret fell to a disappointing 7-8th place finish amidst severe internal issues that primarily involved KuroKy and Arteezy.
Following TI 5 KuroKy left Team Secret to form a new team, 5Jungz, with himself as captain. After a string of promising results the team was signed by Team Liquid. Team Liquid was able to win The Defense Season 5 and also finished as runners up at The Shanghai Major 2016 with KuroKy playing the joint highest number of different heroes at the tournament. After finishing in the top four in his last three consecutive LAN events with the most being recent, 2nd at ESL ONE Manila 2016, KuroKy led this team to a breathtaking five game series to 3-2 victory over the dominant Chinese team Newbee that had a 29-0 winning streak during the picturesque tournament EPICENTER at the Crocus City Hall, Moscow. The pulsating series at the Russian capital over the course of a week saw KuroKy and his fellow team mates secure their maiden LAN win of the 2016 calendar year. In the Manila Major, Team Liquid was able to reach the grand finals, and finished as runners up once again. KuroKy was tied with 343 for the highest number of different heroes played at the event. After the majors, Team Liquid was invited to attend The International 2016.
- Originally intended his nickname to be pronounced kuːroʊkaɪ, but is fine with people pronouncing it differently.
- As of July 2017, KuroKy actively competed in every International - a record only matched by DDC and Puppey.
|2017-06-11||1st||Premier||EPICENTER 2017||3 : 1||$250,000|
|2017-02-26||1st||Premier||StarLadder i-League StarSeries Season 3||3 : 1||$135,000|
|2016-06-12||2nd||Premier||The Manila Major 2016||1 : 3||$405,000|
|2016-05-15||1st||Premier||EPICENTER 2016||3 : 2||$250,000|
|2016-03-06||2nd||Premier||The Shanghai Major 2016||1 : 3||$405,000|
|2015-08-06||7 - 8th||Premier||The International 2015||1 : 2||$829,333|
|2015-06-21||1st||Premier||ESL One Frankfurt 2015||3 : 1||$118,481|
|2015-06-07||1st||Premier||MarsTV Dota 2 League 2015 Spring||3 : 1||$108,816.75|
|2015-05-17||1st||Premier||The Summit 3||3 : 1||$115,466|
|2013-08-11||2nd||Premier||The International 2013||2 : 3||$632,364|
|About achievementsComplete Results in any Tournament|
- GosuAwards 2008: Best carrier
- GosuAwards 2010: People's choice
- GosuAwards 2012: Community's choice: Best supporter
- JoinDOTA Awards 2013: Best support duo (with Puppey)
- JoinDOTA Awards 2014: Best carrier
- 2016-06-08 | The Manila Major Player Profile - Kuroky (Team Liquid) by PGL at The Manila Major 2016
- 2017-06-06 | EPICENTER Interview: Kuroky (Liquid) by Oleg Kulikov of Epicenter gg at EPICENTER 2017 (trans. by Epicenter gg)
- 2016-08-10 | TI6 At the Event - Kaci Interviews KuroKy by Kaci Aitchison of Valve at The International 2016
- 2016-05-24 | The Epicenter Epilogue: An Interview with the Players by lichter of TeamLiquidPro.com at EPICENTER: Moscow
- 2016-05-10 | Интервью перед турниром, Liquid.Kuroky by Oleg Kulikov of Epicenter gg at EPICENTER: Moscow (trans. by Epicenter gg)
- 2016-02-26 | "Es ist schwierig, ein Team zusammenzuhalten" by Eike Kühl of Die Zeit
- 2015-10-29 | Интервью с KuroKy @ Nanyang Dota 2 Championships by dota2ruhub at Nanyang Dota 2 Championships Season 1 (trans. )
- 2015-10-15 | eSports: Deutscher Dota 2-Profi Kuro "KuroKy" Salehi Takhasomi im SPORT1-Interview by Konni Winkler of Sport1.de
- 2015-08-04 | TI5 Team Secret Team Interview by Kaci Aitchison of Valve at The International 2015
- 2015-05-12 | Kuroky Interview by Hotbid (The Summit 3 by Gigabyte) by Hot_Bid of Beyond the Summit at The Summit 3
- 2013-11-29 | KuroKy: "Guess how many hours we've practiced since TI3" by Hot_Bid of TeamLiquid.net at DreamLeague Playoffs
- 2013-03-09 | Kuroky i-view: Na'Vi fighting with heart! by Natus Vincere
- 2012-11-22 | DreamHack Winter 2012 - Day 2: Interview with KuroKy & Black by Epi of joinDOTA at DreamHack Winter 2012
- 2012-10-19 | StarLadder Finals 2012 - Day 2: Interview with KuroKy- by TobiWan of joinDOTA at Star Ladder Star Series Season 3
- 2012-10-19 | Interview with KuroKy @ StarLadder Season 3 by Navi-gaming at Star Ladder Star Series Season 3
- 2012-08-31 | The International 2012: KuroKy interview by Danny Hyon of ESFIworld.com at The International 2012
- 2012-08-17 | Interview with Kuroky- at WCG 2012 gamescom by Epi of epicommentary.com at WCG 2012 German Qualifier
- 2011-09-11 | Interviews with KuroKy, syndereN and Lacoste by DotA LighT at World DotA Championship 2011
- 2010-06-16 | ESWC 2010 Interview 2 by psychoXGS at ESWC 2010
- 2010-02-08 | Nirvana.int's first interview by Forget-Gaming.se
- Zeit Online - Computerspiele: Turnier auf der Tastatur"
- Kai "'Treble1999'" Chua (2012-05-04). "Virtus Pro sign KuroKy". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- "New temporary lineup for Dota 2"
- "KuroKy joins Na'Vi"
- "Kuroky released from Na`Vi"
- KuroKy. "hi, I'm KuroKy from Team ZERO. AMA". reddit.com.