i-League Season 2
(≃ $129,258.90 USD)
ImbaTV is back with the second season of i-League, the first completely crowd-funded Dota 2 tournament in China. After the success of the first season, raising ¥ 1,692,620 from it's initial ¥ 100,000 base price pool, the goal for Season 2 is set at ¥ 1,000,000 and again with an initial fund provided by ImbaTV of ¥ 100,000. 30% of the raised money will be used to pay for production and cover the cost of travel for the teams, and the remaining 70% of the fundraising campaign, found at imbatv.modian.com, will go towards the tournamentt prize pool. The fundraising period will be from October 9th, 2014, through January 9th 2015.
The starting prize pool is ¥ 100,000 (~$16,000), deposited by ImbaTV, but the organizers are using crowd funding to increase the prize pool.
The fundraising campaign has raised ¥ 1,002,922 (~$160,000) by January 9th, 2015, out of which 70% (~$113,000) will go towards the prize pool.
The total prize pool in the end is ¥ 802,045 (~$129,000).
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Percent||Team|
|1st||$64,629.53||¥ 401,023||50%||LGD Gaming|
|3rd||$16,803.68||¥ 104,266||13%||Vici Gaming|
|4th||$8,401.84||¥ 56,143||7%||MVP Phoenix|
|5th-6th||$4,200.92||¥ 28,072||3.5%||Big God|
|7th-8th||$1,938.94||¥ 12,031||1.5%||Ninjas in Pyjamas|
Currency conversion is based on the currency exchange rate (taken from xe.com) on January 10, 2015. [¥1,000 CNY ≈ $161.1616532 USD]
- The original tournament slots were to be distributed as follows:
- Champion of Season 1: Vici Gaming
- Chinese Qualifiers: Three slots.
- European Qualifiers: Two slots.
- American Qualifiers: One slot.
- SEA/Korea Qualifiers: One slot.
- Due to withdrawals from some of the qualified teams the slots were changed to:
- Cloud9 withdrew from the tournament. The American slot was instead given to the Chinese Qualifiers.
- Following C9's withdrawal, HellRaisers also withdrew. Their slot was given to LAJONS (later sponsored by NiP).
- Team Virtus.Pro also had to withdraw, due to player sickness, and their slot was given to HyperGloryTeam.
- BeyondTheSummit on Twitch.tv
- Starladder1 on Twitch.tv
- ImbaTV on Douyutv.com
- DraySWE on Twitch.tv
- FureuR DotA 2 TV on Twitch.tv
- C9 withdraws from I-League
- I-League Ruling on Cloud 9 Withdrawal
- i-League Season 2 Loses Westerners: HellRaisers Pull Out
- Team Lajons invited to I-League
- HGT to Replace VP in I-League; player sickness