G-League Season 2
260,000 RMB (~42,000 USD)
Season 2 of the G-League 2012 tournament will feature Warcraft III, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, and Dota 2 games. This was the second prestige tournament that was held by Chinese organizers. Qualifiers took place starting on November 22 18:30 and were played as best of ones. Eight teams battled it out in the main tournament to see who would qualify for the playoffs.
The bulk of the tournament ran between Dec. 24th and Jan 7th, with the finals occurring on March. 9th in the Shanghai Mercedes-Benz Cultural Center. In addition to the finals of each of the Esports events, Chang Chen-Yue (张震岳) and MC Hotdog, a pair of famous Chinese artists, are scheduled to perform. 
A total of ¥ 260,000 is split among the teams as seen below:
Currency conversion is based on the currency exchange rate (taken from xe.com) on 2013-03-09. [¥1 CNY ≈ $0.16090 USD]
- Qualifiers were best of ones. Group finals were best of three and the winners qualified for the main tournament.
- Main tournament are best of threes.
- Semifinals and finals are best of fives.
- Invictus Gaming and Team DK were invited as the winner and runner-up of G-League 2012 Season 1 (DotA Allstars).
- Eight teams qualified for the event through an eight group online qualifier.
- The winner of each qualifier group got a spot for the group play of the main league.
- All games until the final was Bo1 and the final match of each qualifier group was a Bo3 series.
- Results from the qualifiers can be found here.
Drawing for groups took place at the very end of qualifiers. The invited teams iG and DK were to be placed in different groups.
DK was drawn to be top of Group A. The six qualified teams were then drawn randomly into remaining six slots.
- Click here for more details about Picks, Bans and Tie-Breaker Matches.
- Click here for more details about Picks and Bans.