Joakim "Akke" Akterhall (pronounced "[ack-eh]") is a professional DotA player.
Aside from being involved in the competitive DotA scene since 2006, a testament to his long history in gaming, Akke has also won the Nintendo Swedish Championships three times, in 2004, 2006 and 2012.
Akke was introduced to DotA in 2005 by his high school classmate Jonathan "Loda" Berg. They played inhouses and 2v2's together, and soon got into the competitive scene which by then was very small. Their first serious team, in 2006, was Team Team (T_T), which consisted of the two together with three more Swedes, Bogdan, Renji and Kwom. They won an ESL qualifier and soon thereafter Maelk approached the two friends to create a new team, Jukes on You (JoY), together with MaNia and Paccie. JoY won a tournament arranged by the well known organization Meet Your Makers called MYM Prime Defending #3 in October 2006, and as a reward they received sponsorship from MYM. They won DreamHack Winter 2006 for a 5000 SEK prize pool.
MYM had some roster changes in late 2006, and as a result, Akke and Loda reformed Team Team. They were beaten by MYM in the finals of DreamHack Summer 2007, but shortly thereafter they were picked up by SK Gaming. The lineup at this time was all-Swedish and consisted of Akke, Loda, Bogdan, Renji, Kwom, Drayich and toMpa. The team,captained by Loda, became very famous and dominated the professional scene together with their biggest rivals, the all-Danish MYM, captained by Maelk. During the summer of 2008 SK were at their prime, winning ESWC in Paris as well as DreamHack Summer 2008.
Akke started studying at university in autumn 2008, and tried to combine it with playing professionally. However, he had problems getting the time to practice enough and hence decided to leave SK and the Dota scene.
Heroes of Newerth
Akke made his way back into competitive gaming with the release of Heroes of Newerth. Him and Loda joined a team called KD Gaming in late August 2010. They both moved over to Online Kingdom and won the HoN Super Series in September 2011. Akke recieved a 2011 GosuGamers HoN Award in the Best Support Player category, but shortly after this he decided to move on to Dota 2.
Akke first entered the Dota 2 scene playing for the Swedish team eXperience Gaming with his long-time teammate and friend Loda. Their team, consisting of those two, Pajkatt, Mirakel and Pinoy would soon get picked up by CLG. He then competed with CLG (with some roster changes in between, most notably Loda leaving for Zenith) at The International 2012, making the 5th place in their group and eventually dropping out of the tournament to Orange. After a period of relative inactivity after the biggest tournament of the year, he left the team to join No Tidehunter with Loda. The team, consisting of Loda, Akke, s4, AdmiralBulldog and EGM, would proceed to dominate the western scene. After being picked up by Alliance they went to China to compete in, and win, the G-1 Champions League Season 5.
A few months, and multiple tournament wins later, they attended The International 2013, coming in as one of the favorites to win the entire tournament. They only lost three games during the entire tournament and won a very dramatic grand final against Na'Vi, to earn them around 1.4 million dollars as well as the right to title themselves "best Dota 2 team in the world".
After winning WCA 2015 and Star Ladder i-League StarSeries Season 1 over the winter period of 2015-16, Alliance saw a drop in form and finished 9-12th place at The International 2016. During the post TI-shuffle, on the 28 August 2016, it was announced that Akke would leave Alliance after more than three years with the squad since formation. 
|2016-08-10||9 - 12th||Premier||The International 2016||0 : 2||$311,557|
|2016-01-17||1st||Premier||StarLadder i-League StarSeries Season 1||2 : 0||$120,891|
|2015-12-20||1st||Premier||World Cyber Arena 2015||3 : 2||$370,200|
|2015-06-07||2nd||Premier||joinDOTA MLG Pro League Season 2||1 : 2||$41,812|
|2014-06-16||1st||Premier||DreamLeague Season 1||3 : 2||$74,000|
|2014-01-19||2nd||Premier||StarLadder StarSeries Season 8||1 : 3||$31,000|
|2014-01-15||1st||Premier||Dota 2 Champions League Season 1||3 : 0||$25,000|
|2013-08-11||1st||Premier||The International 2013||3 : 2||$1,437,190|
|2013-06-17||1st||Premier||DreamHack Summer 2013||2 : 1||$21,663.6|
|2013-05-26||1st||Premier||G-1 Champions League Season 5||2 : 0||$40,722.5|
|About achievementsComplete Results in any Tournament|
Notable Events Casted or Hosted
- Team Liquid Dota 2 Awards
- JoinDOTA Awards
- GosuAwards Dota 2
- onGamers Dota 2 Awards
- GosuAwards HoN
- GosuGamers HoN Awards 2011: Best Supporter
- Three time Swedish Nintendo Champion, 2002, 2006 and 2012 as well as three times runner-up.
- Included playing Super Smash Bros. at a high level. When Alliance opened a Melee division in November 2014 and signed Armada, he welcomed Armada to the team on behalf of the DotA squad on Twitter and responded to a fan asking if he, Loda and AdmiralBulldog could beat Armada in a handicap match with "Probably not."
- Akke is the first player to win a game in competitive Dota with 0 creep score. This was accomplished against Evil Geniuses during the group stages of The International 2016, where he played as Skywrath Mage. 
- 2016-08-11 | TI6 At the Event - Akke Exit Interview by Maelk of Valve at The International 2016
- 2016-08-09 | TI6 Alliance Team Interview by Kaci Aitchison of Valve at The International 2016
- 2016-06-08 | The Manila Major - Interview: Akke (Alliance) by Jake "SirActionSlacks" Kanner of PGL at The Manila Major 2016
- 2016-05-10 | Интервью перед турниром, Alliance.Akke by Epicenter (trans. )
- 2013-08-13 | Alliance Akke Interview @ The International 3, two days after finals by Ken "Hot_Bid" Chen of TeamLiquid.net at The International 2013
- 2013-08-08 | [Exclusive] Akke TI3 Interview: Match with LGD Will be Tough by Yuki Young of 2p.com at The International 2013
- 2013-05-26 | Akke: 'They try to ban out a player, but we always have options' by Eric "ReiNNNNN" Khor of GosuGamers.net at G-1 Champions League Season 5
- 2013-05-13 | Akke G1 Pre-final Interview: iG and DK are Hardest Opponents by g1.2p.com
- 2013-04-09 | StarSeries S5 LAN-final - Interview with nth Akke by StarLadder TV at StarLadder StarSeries Season 5 Finals
- 2013-01-24 | LOKKE – The unbreakable twins by Tomislav "Senchantorpeist" Lukinić of ThePremierLeague.eu
- 2012-11-23 | Loda and Akke Interview DreamHack Winter 2012 by GosuGamers.net at DreamHack Winter 2012
- 2012-11-18 | Picking the brains of Dota's finest: Joakim 'Akke' Akterhall by Valgeir "Koxxy" Haukdal of absoluteLegends.net
- 2012-03-26 | SK Legends #1: Akke interviewed by Hendrik "chsn" De Backer of SK-Gaming.com
- 2011-08-03 | akke: "We have fnatic right where we want them" by Sören "Fantasy" Vendsahm of Fragster.de
- 2008-11-11 | Akke retires from SK.DotA by Martin "Altariel" Schultze of SK-Gaming.com
- 2007-06-17 | Interview with Team Team by Frida "vildamalin" Hultman of GosuGamers.net
- Chop (2012-11-05). "Akke trefaldig Nintendo-mästare [Akke threefold Nintendo Champion"] (in Swedish). rakaka.se. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Tomislav "Senchantorpeist" Lukinić (2013-01-24). "LOKKE – The unbreakable twins". ThePremierLeague.eu. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Patrik "Raistlin" Hellstrand (2006-11-15). "DreamHack Winter 2006 prizes announced". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Simone "aShuN" Sassoli (2007-07-10). "TFL: SK Gaming vs Virtus.Pro". SK-Gaming.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Timothy "merusame" Ellersiek (2009-03-10). "SK Gaming parts ways with DotA". SK-Gaming.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Martin "Altariel" Schultze (2008-11-11). "Akke retires from SK.DotA". SK-Gaming.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Patrik "Raistlin" Hellstrand (2010-08-30). "Loda, Akke, Kay in new KD Gaming lineup". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Alex "Xndr" Bianchi (2011-09-18). "Online Kingdom are the HoN Super Series champions!". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Hendrik "chsn" De Backer (2012-03-26). "SK Legends #1: Akke interviewed". SK-Gaming.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Hendrik "chsn" De Backer (2011-12-11). "Loda returns to Dota". SK-Gaming.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Blue_Knight (2012-10-29). "No Tidehunter revived with Loda and Akke". joinDOTA.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Fall 2016 Changes". Alliance.gg. 2016-08-28. Retrieved September 02, 2016.
- @FollowAkke: "Happy to say I now play for the same organization as @ArmadaUGS, welcome to the family! May the turnips be with u :)" Twitter (Akke's official account)
- Noxville (2016-08-05). "In @theAllianceGG's win over @EvilGeniuses - @FollowAkke had 0 last hits - the first pro match with a 0 cs winner.". Twitter. Retrieved 2016-08-09.