|This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone or spelling. You can assist by editing it now.|
(last update: 2017-11-15)
Abed Azel L. Yusop is a Filipino professional Dota 2 player who is currently playing for Fnatic.
Abed was born and raised in Dasmarinas in the province of Cavite, Philippines. His parents own a small internet cafe close to their home. Abed has one older brother, Ahmed Rheeza.
Abed started playing Dota 2 in 2014 and became known through the South-East Asian MMR leaderboards with his signature heroes Meepo and Invoker.
He joined Trackmate.Tric in March 2015 and later played alongside the Australian-based squad, Can't Say Wips. RR scouted him as a potential player and invited him to join Execration in 2015 but Abed denied the request to due to school commitments. Execration contacted Abed in January 2016 and with the support from his father he joined the organisation. After failing to qualify for premier events during mid 2016, he later competed at The International 2016 and produced a 18-0 on Meepo against compLexity Gaming during the wildcard stages, exhibiting his mechanical skill reaching 1200 XPM and 900 GPM, sending compLexity to an early exit in the tournament. In the following round, he lost to to Escape Gaming and during the Post TI6 shuffle, he won his first premier tournament, beating MVP Phoenix 2-0 in the grand finals of the MPGL Southeast Asian Championship on September 11, 2016. He left the organization on December 30th.
Abed and Team Onyx qualified for The Kiev Major, winning the North America Qualifier by defeating complexity Gaming, with Abed's signature Meepo.
In June 2017 Abed qualified for The International 2017 with Digital Chaos, by winning the North America qualifier finals against Team Freedom with 3-0.
- His favorite fruit is grapes.
- His favorite color is white.
- Abed reached 8000 MMR on August 6th, 2016.
- Abed reached 9000 MMR on March 19th, 2017, becoming the first Filipino to reach the milestone.
- On June 25th, 2017, Abed became the first player to reach 10,000 solo MMR.
|2017-08-09||9 - 12th||Premier||The International 2017||0 : 2||$370,319|
|2017-06-17||5 - 6th||Premier||DOTA Summit 7||1 : 2||$1,000|
|2017-06-01||5 - 6th||Premier||ZOTAC Cup Masters||1 : 2||$5,000|
|2017-04-27||9 - 16th||Premier||The Kiev Major 2017||0 : 2||$62,500|
|2017-02-16||3 - 4th||Major||Elimination Mode 3.0||1 : 2||$2,500|
|2016-12-20||2nd||Minor||SEA Kappa Invitational Season 3||0 : 3||$2,500|
|2016-12-18||1st||Minor||ASUS ROG SEA Cup||3 : 2||$7,500|
|2016-11-13||2nd||Major||ROG MASTERS 2016||0 : 3||$33,750|
|2016-09-11||1st||Major||MPGL Southeast Asian Championship||2 : 0||$30,000|
|2016-08-19||1st||Minor||Mineski Pro-Gaming League Season 8 Leg 2||3 : 2||$2,000|
|About achievementsComplete Results in any Tournament|
- 2017-05-16 | The Story of Abed by eSports Stories
- 2016-09-27 | Spotlight: XctN.Abed by Greed of GG Magazine
- 2016-08-09 | Интервью с XctN - Abed "Abed" Yusop @TI6 by morfDesigner of Dota 2 RuHub at The International 2016 (trans. )
- 2016-07-18 | Execration Interview: “The SEA scene is behind in a lot of terms” by Gama Rae "paeijwei" Comaingking - Gosugamers (trans. by paeijwei)
- GGMagEIC (2016-09-27). "What teams where you in before you got picked up by Execration?". GGBelieveMe. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- Execration (2016-01-26). "current line up". Facebook. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "Abed 1200 XPM Meepo GOD - XctN CoL - WildCard TI6 Dota 2". 2016-08-02. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- Abed Yusop (2016-12-30). "Abed leaves Execration". Retrieved 2016-12-30.
- Dota Top MMR Highlights (2017-03-14). "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J27omHj4ooI". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- Execration (2016-08-06). "Execration's Trivia of The Day: Our Mid Player "Abed" Have now reached 8K MMR . #PMA Positive Mental Attitude Gaming". Facebook. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- @abedyusop (2017-03-19). "9 0 0 0". Twitter. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- Muhammad "TheHague" Ammar (26 June 2017). "Congratulations to Abed on reaching 10K MMR". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 6 July 2017.