2015 Red Bull Battle Grounds: Dota 2
After organizing multiple events in StarCraft II, Red Bull is hosting their first Dota 2 tournament under their Battle Grounds brand. 20 invited teams compete in the online group stage. The top five teams move on to the playoffs held in Santa Monica, CA, at the Red Bull Esports Studio. The top two teams will face off in a best of five grand finals at Warfield Theatre in San Francisco, CA, on May 10.
- 20 invited teams in five regional groups of four teams each: Europe, Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), America, Southeast Asia (SEA) and China
- Each group is played in double-elimination bracket format
- The winning team of each group advance to the playoffs
Group Stage is played online from April 6 to April 28.
- Five teams who each start with three lives.
- In the order of their seeding, each team choose in which order they will challenge another one in a best of one match.
- Each team can redirect a challenge to another team but that can only be done one time.
- The losing team of the match loses a life while the winning team is awarded $1,500.
- When a team has lost its three lives, it is out of the tournament.
- Top two teams advance to the Grand Finals
Playoffs are played offline in Santa Monica from May 5 to May 6.
The last two teams with remaining lives in the playoffs play each other in a best of five series at the Warfield Theatre in San Francisco, CA, on May 10.
The base prize pool set by Red Bull is $75,000:
- $5,000 to the winning team of each qualifier.
- $1,500 + 3% of the contributed Prize Pool for each lives destroyed and for each remaining
lives at the end of the second day.
- $8,750 + 15% of the contributed Prize Pool for the second team in the Grand Finals.
- $18,750 + 40% of the contributed Prize Pool for the Champion.
At the end of the tournament, the total prize pool was $88,290 ($13,290 contributed).
For each match, the team on the left challenged the team on the right.
Day One Matches
Day One Lives
Day Two Matches
Day Two Lives
An All-Star match was organized with the two captains being the winner and runner-up of the RedBull San Jose LAN who picked the players. It was played in the All Random Deathmatch mode.
|Team DonSnow||Team Letz_R0sh|
- 2015 Red Bull Battle Grounds Prize Pool
- Hellraisers (May 2, 2015). "rmN сыграет за HellRaisers в Америке [rmN plays for HellRaisers in America"] (in Russian ). Hellraisers.pro. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- @ixmike88 (May 4, 2015). "ixmike88 to standing in for summer's rift for the redbull lan". Twitter.com. Retrieved May 4, 2015.