Natus Vincere is a leading multi-game eSports organization from Ukraine. It is the first team in Counter-Strike history to win three major tournaments in one calendar year - Intel Extreme Masters, Electronic Sports World Cup and World Cyber Games 2010.
Natus Vincere was founded on 18 December 2009. After the collapse of Ukrainian team KerchNET, the former players of the team were supported by a well-known maecenas and organizer of e-sports tournaments, Murat "Arbalet" Tulemaganbetov. The new team got the name "Arbalet UA". It was composed of Danylo "Zeus" Teslenko and Ivan "Edward" Sukharev from Kharkiv, Sergey "starix" Ischuk from Kiev, Arseniy "ceh9" Trynozhenko from Lviv and Yegor "markeloff" Markelov from Dnipropetrovsk.
Winning the ESWC 2010
After a poor performance at the Arbalet Cup CIS 2010 (4th place), markeloff, the best player on the team, decided to skip the next big tournament, ASUS Winter 2010, so they could prepare for the Arbalet Cup and Ukrainian qualifications for the ESWC. In the middle of May 2010, Na`Vi took 2nd place in the prestigious Arbalet Cup Europe 2010 in Stockholm, losing to Fnatic in the finals and earning $10,000 in prize money. Na`Vi finally gained victory at ESWC Ukraine.
In the final part of the ESWC, the team received the highest seeding, along with SK Gaming, Fnatic and mTw.dk. On July 4, 2010, Natus Vincere achieved the highest accolade in the history of Ukrainian e-Sports, winning the ESWC (which previously hadn't been done by any CIS team), defeating SK Gaming in the finals: 16:5 (Train) and 16:4 (Inferno). During the tournament Na`Vi passed through the group stage thanks to fortune, but outplayed Fnatic and mTw.dk in the play-offs.
After being victorious in the world championship, Natus Vincere announced their participation in 2 more tournaments – Arbalet Cup Dallas and GameGune 2010 (Bilbao). On July 18, 2010, Na`Vi won Arbalet Cup Dallas beating Mousesports in the final match: 19:15 (Dust II), 16:12 (Inferno). After receiving $25,000, Na`Vi took the first place in quantity of prize money earned by European teams that year. Na`Vi took 3rd place in GameGune 2010 and Intel Extreme Masters Shanghai.
Victory at the World Cyber Games 2010
The next tournament for Na`Vi was ASUS Summer 2010, to which the team received a direct invitation. This tournament became first in the ASUS Open series, which was held at Kyiv gaming center "Kyiv CyberSport Arena". In the semi-finals Na`Vi lost to Kazakh team k23 and as a result took the 3rd place.
On October 4, 2010, Natus Vincere became the World Cyber Games world champions by defeating Danish team mTw.dk in the finals. This victory made Na`Vi the first team in the world which had managed to hold the three most prestigious championship titles at once (IEM, ESWC, WCG). At the end of October 2010, ESL TV commentator Bakr "KinGSaicx" Fadl proclaimed that SK Gaming was going to invite the Ukrainian team to take place of its Swedish squad, but the manager of Natus Vincere declined this information.
In early November 2010, Natus Vincere took part in WEM 2010, which annually gathers the best teams from all over the world in the Chinese city of Hangzhou. Among eight participants of the tournament, Na`Vi took 4th place as well as $7,500.
Victory at DreamHack Winter 2010
From the 25th to the 27th of November 2010 in the Swedish city of Jönköping, the largest LAN party in the world took place – DreamHack Winter 2010. To go to this tournament, Natus Vincere had to skip a major Russian tournament, ASUS Autumn 2010, since it was coinciding with DreamHack's dates. After finishing the group stage Na`Vi consistently outplayed teams puta, fnatic, Frag eXecutors and then mTw.dk in the finals, winning the tournament. During the four play-off matches the Ukrainians lost only one time to fnatic on the new map – Mirage. starix received the tournament's MVP award.
After winning DreamHack Winter, the team established a new record: winning $220,000 in one year. The previous record belonged to Swedish team fnatic, who earned $189,000 in 2009 (before that, the record was held by Swedish team SK Gaming with earnings of $183,000 in 2003).
Winning the Intel Extreme Masters 5
On March 5, 2011, FamousFive defended their position in Hannover as the champions of the Intel Extreme Masters and earned $35,000. They defeated Polish team Frag eXecutors in the finals: 16:12 (Train) and 16:10 (Dust II).
Record prize money
The amount of prize money in 2010– $215,573 (as of November 7, 2010) holds the record for the entire history of professional Counter-Strike. Previous records belong to Swedish teams SK Gaming ($183,000 in 2003) and fnatic ($189,000 in 2009).
World Top Counter-Strike players
In 2010, popular website HLTV.org had made rankings for the 20 best Counter-Strike players. markeloff was 1st place, starix 4th, Edward 5th and captain of Na'Vi had 19th place, as well as "The best captain of the year".
- Natus Vincere (Na`Vi) is formed.
- July 18th - Yegor "markeloff" Markelov leaves Na'Vi to join CIS superteam Astana Dragons. 
- July 19th - Ioann "Edward" Sukhariev leaves Na'Vi to join Astana Dragons. 
- August 20th - Na'Vi adds Denis "seized" Kostin and Anton "kibaken" Kolesnikov to complete their roster. 
- December 9th - Na'Vi replace Anton "kibaken" Kolesnikov and Arseny "ceh9" Trynozhenko with Ladislav "GuardiaN" Kovács and Ioann "Edward" Sukhariev. 
- May 4th - Na`Vi wins SLTV StarSeries IX after beating Ninjas in Pyjamas 3-0 in the finals. 
- July 6th - Na`Vi lost the IronGaming I finals to Ninjas in Pyjamas 2-0 in the finals. 
- July 30th - Na`Vi wins CKoTH III after beating Ninjas in Pyjamas 2-1 in the finals. 
- October 5th - Na`Vi wins Game Show League I after beating HellRaisers 3-2 in the finals. 
- March 17th - Natus Vincere have announced that Sergey "starix" Ischuk has stepped down from the active line-up. Na`Vi will be playing with Egor "flamie" Vasilyev as stand-in. 
- April 10th - Egor "flamie" Vasilyev joins Na'Vi on a permanent basis. 
- April 12th - Na'Vi wins the ESL Pro League: Winter 2014/15, beating Titan 2-1 in the finals. 
- June 21st - Na'Vi wins SLTV StarSeries XIII after beating EnVyUs 3-1, closing it out in overtime, in the finals. 
- July 12th - Na'Vi wins Electronic Sports World Cup 2015, edging over Cloud9 2-1 to take the final. 
|seized||Denis Kostin||2013-08-20 |
|GuardiaN||Ladislav Kovács||2013-12-09 |
|Edward||Ioann Sukhariev||2013-12-09 |
|flamie||Egor Vasilyev||2015-04-10 |
|s1mple||Oleksandr Kostyliev||2016-08-04 |
|Andi (Coach)||Andrey Prokhorov||2017-03-10 |
|ID||Name||Join Date||Leave Date||New Team|
|starix (Coach)||Sergey Ischuk||2015-03-17 ||2017-03-10 ||Team Spirit|
|Zeus||Daniil Teslenko||2012-11-04 ||2016-10-12 ||Gambit Gaming|
|flamie (Stand-in)||Egor Vasilyev||2015-03-17 ||2015-04-10 ||Natus Vincere|
|starix||Sergey Ischuk||2012-11-04 ||2015-03-17 ||Natus Vincere|
|kibaken||Anton Kolesnikov||2013-08-20 ||2013-12-09 ||USSR Team|
|ceh9||Arseny Trynozhenko||2012-11-04 ||2013-12-09 |
|Edward||Ioann Sukhariev||2012-11-04 ||2013-07-19 ||Astana Dragons|
|markeloff||Yegor Markelov||2012-11-04 ||2013-07-18 ||Astana Dragons|
||GuardiaN||Ladislav Kovács|| DreamHack Masters Malmö 2016 (Group Stage)|
Adrenaline Open Cyber Cup - Showmatch
||GuardiaN||Ladislav Kovács||CEVO Season 7 Round Robin - Europe|
||Edward||Ioann Sukhariev||ESEA Season 16 Finals|
||Zeus||Daniil Teslenko||ESL Pro League: Winter 2014/15|
||markeloff||Yegor Markelov||TECHLABS Cup 2013 Minsk Qualifier|
|ID||Name||Join Date||Leave Date||New Team|
|Zeus||Daniil Teslenko||2009-12-18||2012-11-04 ||Natus Vincere|
|markeloff||Yegor Markelov||2009-12-18||2012-11-04 ||Natus Vincere|
|ceh9||Arseny Trynozhenko||2009-12-18||2012-11-04 ||Natus Vincere|
|Edward||Ioann Sukhariev||2009-12-18||2012-11-04 ||Natus Vincere|
|starix||Sergey Ischuk||2009-12-18||2012-11-04 ||Natus Vincere|
|prb||Oleg Bulavko||Head of Media|
|Ugin||Eugene Yerofeyev||CSGO Team Manager|
|sCOpe||Vitaliy Tarasov||Video Production specialist|
|ID||Name||Position||Join Date||Leave Date|
|Andi||Andrey Prokhorov||Analyst||2017-03-10 |
- The name originates from Latin and can be directly translated as "born to win"
- The team had reached two straight Major grand finals in a row, losing in both to Team EnVyUs at DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 and then to Luminosity Gaming at MLG Columbus 2016. This streak ended at ESL One: Cologne 2016 when Team Liquid defeated them in the quarterfinals
- During DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015, Natus Vincere and Luminosity Gaming (now SK Gaming) started a rivalry which is still ongoing.
|2016-10-02||1st||Premier||ESL One: New York 2016||2 : 1||$125,000|
|2016-04-17||2nd||Premier||DreamHack Masters Malmö 2016||0 : 2||$50,000|
|2016-04-03||2nd||Premier||MLG Major Championship: Columbus||0 : 2||$150,000|
|2016-03-18||1st||Premier||Counter Pit League Season 2 - Finals||2 : 1||$40,000|
|2016-01-24||1st||Premier||DreamHack Leipzig 2016||2 : 0||$50,000|
|2015-12-13||2nd||Premier||ESL ESEA Pro League Season II - Finals||2 : 3||$60,000|
|2015-11-22||1st||Premier||Intel Extreme Masters X - San Jose||2 : 0||$56,250|
|2015-07-12||1st||Premier||Electronic Sports World Cup 2015||2 : 1||$30,000|
|2011-03-05||1st||Premier||Intel Extreme Masters V||2 : 0||$35,000|
|2010-03-08||1st||Premier||Intel Extreme Masters IV||2 : 0||$50,000|
|About achievementsComplete Results in any Tournament|
- MIRAA (2010-03-06). "Na´Vi are IEM4 World Champions". hltv.org.
- Pus (2010-11-28). "Na´Vi win DreamHack Winter 2010". hltv.org.
- GoMeZ (2011-03-05). "Na'Vi victorious at IEM5 WC". hltv.org.
- Nix0n (2012-01-22). "Na`Vi triumph over SK to win in Kiev". hltv.org.
- MIRAA (2012-11-04). "Na´Vi to try out CS:GO". hltv.org.
- MIRAA (2013-07-18). "markeloff leaves Na´Vi". hltv.org.
- lurppis (2013-07-19). "Edward completes new CIS superteam". hltv.org.
- lurppis (2013-08-20). "Na`Vi add seized and kibaken". hltv.org.
- Striker (2013-12-09). "Na´Vi add GuardiaN, Edward". hltv.org.
- lurppis (2014-05-04). "Na`Vi beat NiP to win StarSeries IX". hltv.org.
- Striker (2014-07-06). "NiP win IronGaming". hltv.org.
- lurppis (2014-07-31). "Na`Vi beat NiP, remain Casekings". hltv.org.
- lurppis (2014-10-05). "Na`Vi win Game Show League Finals". hltv.org.
- MIRAA (2015-03-17). "starix steps down in Na`Vi". hltv.org.
- MIRAA (2015-04-10). "Na`Vi confirm flamie deal". hltv.org.
- MIRAA (2015-04-13). "Na`Vi win ESL Pro League over Titan". hltv.org.
- Striker (2015-06-21). "Na`Vi win SLTV StarSeries XIII Finals". hltv.org.
- Striker (2015-07-13). "Na`Vi win ESWC 2015 over Cloud9". hltv.org.
- Andersen (2016-08-04). "s1mple joins Natus Vincere!". Natus Vincere.
- alexkryvytskyy (2016-10-12). "Zeus - new captain of Gambit CS:GO". Gambit Gaming.
- starix (2017-03-10). "Ребята всем привет, пришло время осветить ситуацию и рассказать вам, что все-таки происходит. " [Hello guys, it's time to cover the situation and explain what's going on.] (in Russian).