Game Show League Season 2
Double-Elimination Bracket (Bo3 + Bo5)
Game Show Studio have announced the second season of their league with an increase in participating teams and prize money. The first season of the Game Show League saw ten teams vying over a $22,000 prize pool with eventual LAN finals that took place at the Crocus Expo in Moscow. After a thrilling best-of-five series in this previous season, Na'Vi emerged as victors over their fellow CIS region rivals, HellRaisers.
This season, Game Show League have announced they have upped the total prize pot to $30,000, a noticeable mark-up. Additionally, there will be sixteen teams competing to make the finals this time. Twelve of these teams will be directly invited and four will earn their way through qualifiers which have yet to be announced. The format of the league will entail four groups of four teams each, with the top two teams of each group advancing to double elimination playoffs. Judging that some of last season's prize pool went towards travel support, it would not be amiss if a similar situation were the case this season.
- Group Stage:
- Sixteen teams are divided into four groups.
- Each team play two matches versus each other.
- Two best teams from each group advance to the playoff.
- Double-Elimination bracket.
- Matches are bo3 format till the grand final.
- Grand final is bo5 with 1 game advantage for the team from winners’ bracket.
- EU Qualifier:
- 2 slots for the Eu Qual.
- Qualifier hosted by FACEIT, February 8th.
- The match format is best-of-one till the semi-final and best-of-three in semi-final and final.
- The 2 finalists gets a slot in the Group stage.
- CIS Qualifiers:
- 2 slots for the CIS Qual.
- 1st Qualifier January 31st.
- 2nd Qualifier February 7th to 8th.
- The match format is best-of-one till the quarter-final and best-of-three in semi-final and final.
- The winner of each qualifier gets a slot in the Group Stage.
$30,000 (USD) are spread among the teams as seen below:
- 1 Wrecking Gaming join Vega Squadron.
- 2 madjicK Gaming join Reason Gaming.
- 3 3DMAX announce that the organization will be shutting down as of May 1st. The team will continue playing together under the name of ENCORE.
|February 23, 2015 - 20:00 CET|
|Group A matches|
|February 24, 2015 - 19:00 CET|
|Group B matches|
|February 24, 2015 - 21:00 CET|
|Group C matches|
|March 03, 2015 - 21:00 CET|
|Group D matches|